Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 miracle worker instead of S-curl?

Mocha Princess

I was wonderin if anyone has used this spray moisturizer by Hawaiin silky? If so how often and what does it do for your hair? I just bought some today and want to try it, but am not sure if I should. It smells soooo good though. :D The s-curl works great for me and I don't want to trade it if this stuff isn't better or at least comparable. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have tried both and used the entire bottle of both. Usually when I try two products that are almost the same I will just use half of each and make my decision. But with these two products I couldn't I had to use the entire bottles. I love S-Curl because it is so moisturizing, but I don't care for the smell too much, I can stand it but don't like it. Hawaiian Silky Smells great, but I found that S-Curl for me was more moisturizing and I like the way S-Curl makes my hair feel. Besides I live in Grand Forks, North Dakota and S-Curl is easier to get my hands on.

In all honesty you will be better off trying the Hawaiian Silky out cause what works for me might not work for you.

So for me its S-Curl mixed with some NTM silk touch leave in to hide the smell!!!

I use the Hawaiian silky and like it better and it smells good!! I also use it on my daughter. S curl leaves my hair too greasy.. But as said before try and see what works for you.

Wow, your daughter is a lil cutie! I've never tried HS14. I will try this the next time. S curl works great for me and I have no problems with it. I'm just a PJ.:lol:

I have used both and didnt like the way the H14 made my hair feel. It had like little white clumps in it too. (maybe I had a bad bottle.)

I liked the S Curl much better.

I use this and really like it a lot. I'm in braids nows, but over the summer, it kept my hair really moisturized and helped to define my curls and kinks.

I also put it in right before I put on my plastic cap and my hair was super soft in the mornings.

I didn't really care for it. It didn't moisturize my hair very well and it left a white film on my hair. I will not repurchase it. The Scurl spray is more moisturizing.

UGH!

HATED IT! I have a full bottle that I am bringing to the baltimore meet and greet.

I noticed the white clumps too. It was gunky and left my hair with a witish film on it.

Me no likey!

I love the Hawaiian silky 14 in 1. I like it much better than S Curl. I definitely smells better, and it's lighter and less greasy.

I might have to try this HS 14-1! I've been eyeing it forever. Would you ladies suggest this product for a twist-out? Cause that's what I'm thinkin.

I use it and never noticed any clumps.. I did notice that my hair likes it better when it's flatironed. My hair takes product better when it's straight for some reason. I started out not really liking it. After giving it some trys I know I'll be buying it again. When you spray it into your hands rub it in and then put it on your hair..and seal...Since you have it why not try it.

i've been using the hawaiian silky for about a month now and i like it its moisturizing and it provides a light h0ld.. it d0esnt define my curls is my 0nly pr0blem.. when i was using cantu shea butter leave in it defined but didn't hold.. has any0ne mixed their HS 14N1 with anythhing else like conditioner???

I've had great success with Scurl, it's very moisturizing esp on braided hair I love it, it's one of the best tips I've gotten here.

Hawaiian Silky 14n1 ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance

Scurl no drip with B5 ingredients

Water , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Acetamide MEA , Ceteth-20 , Olealkonium Chloride , Stearalkonium Chloride , Panthenol , Simethicone , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthenol
Panthenol is the alcohol analog of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), and is thus the provitamin of B5. In organisms it is quickly oxidized to pantothenate. Panthenol is a highly viscous transparent liquid at room temperature, but salts of pantothenic acid (for example sodium pantothenate) are powders (typically white). It is soluble in water, alcohol and propylene glycol, soluble in ether and chloroform, and slightly soluble in glycerin.

I've had great success with Scurl, it's very moisturizing esp on braided hair I love it, it's one of the best tips I've gotten here.

Hawaiian Silky 14n1 ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance

Scurl no drip with B5 ingredients

Water , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Acetamide MEA , Ceteth-20 , Olealkonium Chloride , Stearalkonium Chloride , Panthenol , Simethicone , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthenol
Panthenol is the alcohol analog of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), and is thus the provitamin of B5. In organisms it is quickly oxidized to pantothenate. Panthenol is a highly viscous transparent liquid at room temperature, but salts of pantothenic acid (for example sodium pantothenate) are powders (typically white). It is soluble in water, alcohol and propylene glycol, soluble in ether and chloroform, and slightly soluble in glycerin.
It looks like Hawaiian Silky changed their ingredients recently. The ingredients above are the same as the ingredients listed in a thread from last year, but my ingredients are different.

I bought a bottle of Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 at Sally's today. I didn't want to buy it because of the parabens, but I was happy to see that my bottle doesn't have any listed. There's no Propylparaben or Methylparaben listed on my bottle.

There are some other differences. For anyone who's interested my bottle has:
PEG-75 Lanolin instead of PEG-47 Lanolin.
Just "Panthenol" instead of Panthenol DL.
Angelica and Archangelica Root Extract, but not Anjelica Root Extract.

I'll probably use it tomorrow. Based on what I've read here on LHCF, the reviews on Sally's web site, and a youtube video I watched today I think this will be great for my transitioning hair!

I use the Hawiian Silky 14 in 1 and it works great for my 4b hair. I too am transitioning; it's been about 5 months since my last relaxer. It makes my hair soft and easy to comb through after washing. I did not experience the white film that the other ladies speak of.

I purchased and used Hawaiin Silky a few months back. It wasn't as moisturizing as I thought it would be. I am going to finally give S curl a go. I have just been waiting for the weather to get warmer b/c of the glycerin.

I prefer S-curl and I add infusium leave in to it, it smells good to me, I have 14 in 1 and it is good, but I am gonna use the bottle up and then go back to my s-curl, but it works good, I just don't like the smell of 14 in 1!

I was wonderin if anyone has used this spray moisturizer by Hawaiin silky? If so how often and what does it do for your hair? I just bought some today and want to try it, but am not sure if I should. It smells soooo good though. :D The s-curl works great for me and I don't want to trade it if this stuff isn't better or at least comparable. Any suggestions are appreciated.

IMO, it's comparable. I'm an S Curl girl but I have Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 as my back up, in case I run out of S Curl.

I use it only when wearing my hair out. I apply it on wash day and maybe that night before baggying and then I'm good to go for a few days till I wash. For some reason though, I can't make it my staple. I think S Curl and I go so waaaaay back that I just can't let any other take its place as my #1 love.

Last edited:
I still use the HS 14 in 1 and its actually too moisterizing.. I can't use it every day or my hair will overload and become mushy and shapeless.. so I only use it after I wash my hair.. but if my hair is dry and crunchy I apply it "& it INSTANTLY changes it to silky and hydrated.. i get mine at Sally's

I forgot to add I use a BUNCH.. I take small sections and apply the product to pretty much every strand.. but I only do this 1x per week..

I just purchased the HS the other day, and I already like it better than the S-Curl. The S-Curl didn't smell as good and it was super greasy. I also didn't think it was as moisturizing as HS.

Back