Has anyone ever heard of this method to extend relaxers?

sjarman13

My sister's friend ("4b" -who is from NY) does this to extend her relaxer, but her mom and sister ("3 somethings") have been able to stop using relaxers completely by using this process.

Ingredients:
Brami oil (unsure of spelling)
Keracare or paul mitchell leave in
a glosser of your choice
a hair grease (unsure of name--still working getting it)

1. Wash hair
2. Apply leave in
3. Put grease product on hair
4. Mix brami oil and glosser together and put on hair
5. Wrap hair and sit under dryer.

I need someone to fill in the blanks if they know the full process.

I think many people do variations of that.

Personally after I wash with CON I put grease on my scalp. Around the Edges and sides that people can see, I put Eboline Coconut oil grease. In those same areas, I spray Yaki professional Leave in Conditioner Spray (good stuff), then while it is wet, I put Motions Moisturizing lotion (or pink oil lotion), then Let's Jam Extra Hold and tie it pretty snug over night - at least 5 or 6 hours. My hair ends up straight and soft. But, I have a sew in weave so most of my hair is protected except the front, sides and back. I do this every night with the sections that are out. I can really stretch my relaxers this way.

OP:
This is probably the oil she was referring to because she said it was an indian oil. Just hoping someone knows what the "grease" product is.

I have used that oil, but it is too oily when I use this method. Too much oil makes my hair harder to dry. When I take the scarf off it still feel kind of damp.

Hmmmm. I think you can do this using many diff products.

I use Giovani Direct leave in
Then an oil ( I use diff ones but WGO is really great on new growth)
Then tie down with silk scarf (one roller on the back)

and my hair comes out pretty good. I don't use grease but I have been using Oyin products lik the shine and define and my hair comes out good and not too greasy

Back