HAIR TYPES!!! LIKES OR DISLIKES?

Nanyanika

I just got my hair styled in kinky twists, they looked really nice and full. However, they've shrunk up my length, this is what I hate about my 4a/4b hair type, it is so deceiving when it comes to length. The only way I can accurately clock my full length is through the process of straightening. What are your likes or dislikes, in regards to your hair type?

My hair is full of different textures (some curly/wavy, some seem straigher). I wish my hair was just on texture. Are your kinky twists with added hair or just your own? I hope there are some snapshots at your site because I am going to check them out. I would love to see how they look. Thanks:)

My kinky twists are natural, I will be processing some photos of them soon to place in my album. I'll keep you posted.

My hair is a combination of 3c and 4a. I also have shrinkage when I do my twists. But I don't think there's anything that I don't like about my hair. I don't mind the shrinkage. What I love most about my hair is that it has a mind of its own. I look my best when I let it do what it wants. For example, when I rise out of bed my hair is still "sleeping", it's flat. By noon, it's "alive". It rises, and falls all on its own. I love it!

I'm a 4a/b (relaxed. I like the fact that its thick and holds a nice curl. But I ain't gonna front, there are time I wish I had a nice natural 3a/b curl.

I have got to say the shrinkage factor is the worse. For example, I flatironed my hair but it didn't straighten fully so it didn't show that I was at the end of my bra strap. Instead it looks like I'm at the top. The hair puffed up. Maybe it's just because of my lack of skills...but I'm gonna blame part of it on shrinkage and just an unwillingness to straighten
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a 4a/b (relaxed. I like the fact that its thick and holds a nice curl. But I ain't gonna front, there are time I wish I had a nice natural 3a/b curl.

[/ QUOTE ]
___
I like that my hair looks awesome when it is straight. I hate that it becomes harder to handle once there is new growth. I hate that I just can't wash and go as well.

I like that I'm able to wash and go if I feel like it. I hate that it takes soooooo loooong to dry. I think I fixed the drying problem though. I bought an Aquis Super Absorbent Towel from Bed, Bath and Beyond today!!!
cool.gif

I, too, hated the shrinkage when I was relaxer free. I still have shrinkage with my texturized hair, but it's not as extensive. I like that I can wash and go too.

Im now liking my 4b texture, cos im learning how to combat the dryness that was a big problem for me. I know my hair type loves water and products with cones. The MSM , biotin and evening primrose oil have helped to make the growth softer

Well I have natural 4A hair.

The odd thing is I LIKE and DISLIKE the shrinkage factor of my hair. After my daily rinse, it's so soft, curly, and free! But when I wake up in the morning my hair compacts on top of my hair so that my 2-3 (unstretched) inches of hair looks like 1/2 an inch. That's one thing I don't care for too much...That "sleeping hair" phenomenon forces me to rinse my hair every time I get up from napping or sleeping.

I do kind of like the fact that my hair is deceiving. Because when I got my hair blow-dried, my 2-3 inch fro turned into collar bone lenghth hair! It was a pleasant surpise to see that my hair wasn't staying at one length this whole time.

Now that I know that my hair is growing just fine, I can stop obsessing about it. After all, if I pick up 3 inches of growth, I won't notice that I picked up that much length until I blow dry, which will not be often.
smile.gif

-Ebony

4a hair - dislikes
shrinkage
tendency to be very dry.

4a likes
can do a fro, most other hair types cant
shrinkage

2B in my roots
2C in the front, top layers & ends of my hair
3B underneath and in the back of my hair

Dislikes:
High maintenance (too many textures)
Frizz (kinks up in the back)
Oh and also, my right side grows faster than my left side. I don't know why, if anyone else does, please tell me!!

Like: My hair styles very easily, it's thick and shiny and has both curls & waves, but I still wish that my hair was like my mother's, which is 2A/2B. She has that wash and go hair. Low maintenance. Beautiful thick soft waves and never has to worry about frizz!! But nonetheless, she too wishes her hair was different. Go figure!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I love my hair frizz and all. But the shrinkage factor is definitely a bummer.

drunk.gif
Slowly, but surely

I don't know, I would like for my unstraighted hair to be longer. Other than that, I like everything about my crazy hair.

My major dislikes are shrinkage and muli-textured head! When i wash and go my natural hair shrinks up to shoulder lenght, but when blown out/flat ironed reaches a bit past my bra strap. This is not exactly a bad thing but its annoying to hear people say "oh did you cut your hair?" all the time cause i like to switch back and forth often.

I also have different textures on my head the crown and the right side is more of a loose kinky curl 3c/4a ish and the left side and the back is 4a/b mix. So basically one side when wet resembles black ramen noodles and the other section looks like coily kinks. It seems like the curl gets looser the longer it gets so im kind of confused about what to call myself now but i'll stick with 4a/b.

As far as likes, i like the versatility and all the different looks i can create
grin.gif

Hair type 2 (lets say a/b/and c)

-Dislikes:
too many textures. When I had a partiual relaxer 8+ years ago, I literally got only the crown of my head relaxed. the textures are that different.
-doesn't really curl, has a limp,stringy thing going on. Wish I had full, thick bouncy curls
-Limp and thin

-Not afraid of the rain! I like the way my hair poufs up and looks thicker when it is wet
-LOVE the way it has bounched back after years of frying with a blowdryer, tight pony tails, too-tight weaves, feathering (yes ladies I was sporting the Apolonia feathered back look way after it went out of style), and just overall not treating my hair right.....

[ QUOTE ]
When i wash and go my natural hair shrinks up to shoulder lenght, but when blown out/flat ironed reaches a bit past my bra strap. This is not exactly a bad thing but its annoying to hear people say "oh did you cut your hair?" all the time cause i like to switch back and forth often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the annoying haircut question too.
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i wash and go my natural hair shrinks up to shoulder lenght, but when blown out/flat ironed reaches a bit past my bra strap. This is not exactly a bad thing but its annoying to hear people say "oh did you cut your hair?" all the time cause i like to switch back and forth often.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I have my hair naturally braided without blowdrying or any heat straighteners, I often hear friends and Church brethren, making comments about, my hair looking short. If they had any knowledge about hair types then, they'd know some people have tight coils, while others types show more length because of the looser curl patterns.

Dislikes: These two straight patches in the back. I'd like waves througout.

Likes: The fact that my hair has gotten wavier over time, so I still have hope for those two straight patches! Love the way my hair looks with just the right balance of humidity..utterly buoyant and luscious. And, generally, my hair is extremely strong, grows very well, and is resilient.

~Jade~

I actually don't have any dislikes for my hair these days! I like shrinkage, it gives my hair a different look - a short style without cutting it! Other things I like:

- it's thickness
- it now has a sheen
- versatility, I can have twists, plaits, cornrows, loads of styles!
- it feels soft and spongy
smile.gif

Hair type 2 b/c

Dislikes:
-When it drys it's not curly nor real wavy it's just sort of frizzy/staight but my roots are nice and wavy.

-fullness
-bounces back quick after I abuse it
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dislikes: These two straight patches in the back. I'd like waves througout.

Likes: The fact that my hair has gotten wavier over time, so I still have hope for those two straight patches! Love the way my hair looks with just the right balance of humidity..utterly buoyant and luscious. And, generally, my hair is extremely strong, grows very well, and is resilient.

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your hair care regimen

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the annoying haircut question too.
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its strange, cause thats coming from other black women who i think would know better
confused.gif

I dislike what humidity does to my hair (frizzes into a BIG curly cotton ball).

I dislike how much work it takes to straighten out the curls.

I looove how versatile my 4a hair is. It's course and kinda thick. I have pretty good hair...it's healthy and usually does what I want it to do without my having to use gels, setting lotions, or any holding sprays. I can wear short looking styles without cutting it to longer styles in no time. Now...it's not as versatile when I get alot of new growth and I have to be extra careful with it. That's the only thing I don't like. I just wear protective styles during this time.

Back