hair type and problems with frizz

locabouthair

is there a correlation between your hair type and the amount of frizz you get. My friend has fine hair, that other people have called "good hair" and her hair frizzes up very easily and doesnt stay straight. My hair is very coarse and hard, my friend has called it a brillo pad but it hardly frizzes up i can keep a press for 3 weeks without it reverting. even when i had a perm i never had a problem with frizz. has anyone else noticed this i just thought it was interesting.

I noticed that people with wavy hair have a harder time keeping a press. It seems that the deep waves in their roots start to show right away.

I definately think that the looser waves you have the more frizz you have. If you have tight waves and curls, the curls will stay longer. One week after washing the straighter parts are like a frizzy, fuzzy halo.

My god-daughter has perfect ringlets, a typical 4a. When wet her hair is long and curly/wavy, when dry it's still shiny and the curls are tight and don't unravel the way my curls do after a while. Even the shorter hair along her hair line are still little curls, no frizz.

My hair is the opposite of what you ladies are saying. I have 4a with thick strands and my hair frizzes nearly everyday. When I staighten it, it does not stay.

Queenie said:
My hair is the opposite of what you ladies are saying. I have 4a with thick strands and my hair frizzes nearly everyday. When I staighten it, it does not stay.

mine also, and gets super dry if i don't get constantly keep some sort of moisturizer on it (thanks lhcf for teachng that tidbit)

MissBiss said:
My hair is type 3 and frizzes very easily. If anyone has any tips for me, I'd really appreciate it.

My daughter is type 3 and her hair frizzes very easily as well. She cannot keep a press very long and FORGET about cornrows....I am awaiting tips with you....

I'm 3c and my hair frizzes very easily as well. I can keep a press for a while if there's no humidity, but if it's the LEAST bit humid, I'll have an afro. That's what made me go natural in the first place - can't take the Miami weather. :nono:

My hair frizzes every easily as well and to tell you the truth I'm not really sure what type of hair I actually have. My hair never holds a straight style for more then a couple of hours. So hence, I usually wash and go my hair. I have learned to stop the frizzing from this site as well as others. Maybe someone can help me find out what type of hair I do have from my hair album? I believe I'm a 4a though. I have looked over the definition of hair type from the homepage but I am still confused.

locabouthair said:
is there a correlation between your hair type and the amount of frizz you get. My friend has fine hair, that other people have called "good hair" and her hair frizzes up very easily and doesnt stay straight. My hair is very coarse and hard, my friend has called it a brillo pad but it hardly frizzes up i can keep a press for 3 weeks without it reverting. even when i had a perm i never had a problem with frizz. has anyone else noticed this i just thought it was interesting.

my hair frizzies up if i comb it whn airdryed.

when i eventually use heat it stays stick straight as long as i dnt use watery moisturizors, or i mix them with grease

Last edited:
FlowerHair said:
My god-daughter has perfect ringlets, a typical 4a. When wet her hair is long and curly/wavy, when dry it's still shiny and the curls are tight and don't unravel the way my curls do after a while. Even the shorter hair along her hair line are still little curls, no frizz.

I don't think she's 4a. My impression of 4a is more of an afro with defined coils. Shiny, perfect ringlets sounds more like type 3 to me.

caligirl said:
I don't think she's 4a. My impression of 4a is more of an afro with defined coils. Shiny, perfect ringlets sounds more like type 3 to me.

i agree! i'm 4a when natural i had big fuzzy funky "curls" ....they were like zig zags but coarse, and dull not at all shiney and very frizzy

ayanapooh said:
I'm 3c and my hair frizzes very easily as well. I can keep a press for a while if there's no humidity, but if it's the LEAST bit humid, I'll have an afro. That's what made me go natural in the first place - can't take the Miami weather. :nono:

I have fine 4"?" hair and I wore a press in my hair for three years in Miami :lol: , my friends are still scratching their heads. My hair doesn't frizz unless I purposely do things to it that make it frizz up (now relaxed).

Back