Hair seems thinner.......HELP!

Wanda

I'm in the process of taking my braids out and it seems as though my crown area is thinner than it originally was. I really took good care of my hair while in braids. I even take B-5 and a hair vitamin daily. Does anyone else's hair seem thinner when they first take their braids out? Will my hair ever thicken back up?

Yes, my already thin hair is much thinner when I take my braids out..since I already have fine thin hair to begin with it never thickens up...I am not bald when I take the braids out it is just thinner than before...

[ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse said:
Did you notice any breakage when you were taking your braids out?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't, that's what worries me. My co-workers saw my hair and said that I'm exaggerating because since all of braids are not out yet(just a small portion is taken down), I would have to wait until my entire head is taken down to tell. Is this true?

Are you sure that you are not just so used to having braids in that your real hair compared to them seems thinner? I only ask b/c I always feel like this after coming out of weaves but after a week or so I realize that it's just my mind paying tricks on me.
If you're not seeing breakage or excessive shedding I wouldn't worry about it - at least until you take all of your braids out.

[ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse said:
Are you sure that you are not just so used to having braids in that your real hair compared to them seems thinner? I only ask b/c I always feel like this after coming out of weaves but after a week or so I realize that it's just my mind paying tricks on me.
If you're not seeing breakage or excessive shedding I wouldn't worry about it - at least until you take all of your braids out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took the words right out of my mouth. My mind plays tricks on me too when I come out of braids because I've become so accustomed to having all that extra hair.

Wanda, I agree that you won't be able to tell until you take all your braids out. You can't judge your whole head by that one small section. Be patient, take them out slowly, and don't forget to factor in all the shed hair that will come out (the hair that's been accumulating since you've had braids).

omigosh, i was thinking the same thing too!! i hate to repeat what's already been said, but they're right: you just can't tell 'til it's all out
wink.gif

Back