Hair is Crunchy/Coarse After Weave...

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
...hey ladies. I took my weave down last week after having it in for 9 weeks. I deep conditioned w/ a NaturelleGrow DC and my hair felt crunchy.

I used a moisturizing cleanser as well and my hair felt soft but as soon as I rinsed out the cleanser it felt crunchy. I followed through with Tresemme Naturals (Denman brush glided through) but once it's all rinsed out...crunch.

I apply my leave ins and my hair is detangled but because it feels crunchy and coarse while wet, my brush won't glide. It feels like I have a protein overload.

Is my hair thriving for a protein treatment so it's pulling protein out of everything? Is it my porosity? Help me ladies. I'm finally BSL and I don't want any setbacks.

What were you applying to your hair during your install? When I have product buildup whatever I use fails to penetrate properly & my hair feels rough.

You may need to wash with a clarifying shampoo, then dc.

What were you applying to your hair during your install? When I have product buildup whatever I use fails to penetrate properly & my hair feels rough.

You may need to wash with a clarifying shampoo, then dc.

DivineNapps1728
I was applying a leave in and moisturizer 2x a week to my hair...my hair was beyond dirty w/ product build up. I do need to clarify.

Hopefully you have an immediate turnaround ! That's one of the things I despise about wearing weaves; I've had three installs and each time I ended up with crazy buildup and hair that felt like straw afterwards despite washing & condition during the install.

I plan to make a u-part the next time I get the urge to get a sew in to avoid the annoyance.

Yes, definately buildup. Particularly if your products were 'cone-based. That'll really cause dryness over time as well. So clarifying and a super moisture long DC and see how things turn out. :)

Yes, definately buildup. Particularly if your products were 'cone-based. That'll really cause dryness over time as well. So clarifying and a super moisture long DC and see how things turn out. :)
i agree with this

Back