Hair feeling hard after rising out deep conditoner

sexy c

When I use my moisturizing condioner and put on a plastic cap for 30 minutes and rinse out my hair feels hair not moisturized at all. I use Keracare Humecto and ntm daily deep conditoner, both of them have done great in the past so why is my hair feel hard instead of soft when i use them, please help:(

You may need to clarify. It's possible you have buildup that's preventing your hair from absorbing the benefits of the conditioner. I know it's been hot out lately but 15 minutes under the dryer is great for penetration as well.

Those are both good conditioners...the only thing I can think of is you may need to claify your hair. I know it's time to do it when my hair starts to behave that way.

I noticed this too a few months ago. i tried clarifying and nothing really helped. I soon realized two things. I was using wayyyy too much conditioner which made it hard to rinse all of it out. As a result, it just sat on my hair and got hard. Second, i was using too much product aferwards. I was using moisturizer, leave-in, serum and setting lotion. Now I just use serum and leave-in and my hair is silkier.

macherieamour said:
I noticed this too a few months ago. i tried clarifying and nothing really helped. I soon realized two things. I was using wayyyy too much conditioner which made it hard to rinse all of it out. As a result, it just sat on my hair and got hard. Second, i was using too much product aferwards. I was using moisturizer, leave-in, serum and setting lotion. Now I just use serum and leave-in and my hair is silkier.
Marcherieamour, do you use the silken seal for your serum or the the essential oils? I have been using them both for my last 2 steps and I think I might be overdoing it as well.
I also agree about the clarifying because I bought the humecto in the bottle and used it everyway I could think of and it did nothing for me but when I clarified it worked so good I broke down and bought the 5lb tub.

macherieamour said:

Sounds like something I had to deal with! My hair was so hard that I had to clarify it.

Tonight I tried just a leave in and serum and my hair felt so good.

Less is more!!

I am having the same problems right now..I washed my hair today with Keracare detangling shampoo and deep conditioned with ors hair mayonaise...then I applied africa's best liquid mayonaise and when my dried it was hard...I have elucence clarifying shampoo..the question I would like to know is: Once I clarify my hair, do I shampoo my hair with regular shampoo and then deep condtion or do I clarify my hair then deep condition it...Please tell me how to use the elucence clarifying shampoo...I am heavy handed on applying conditioner and my leave ins and that could be the reason why my hair is hard...but I have never clarified my hair...I have clarifying shampoo I just did not know how to add it into my hair regimen...

Tia,

Tanya

Back