Hair Fatigue...anyone else catch it?

chayil0427

:sigh: ususally I have a ritual of doing my wash and deep condition on Friday afternoon, but it's Sunday and my stuff is still not washed.

I dunno, since school started I've just been so fatigued with my hair. I don't spend as much time on the forum and its a real effort to get in there and do my deep condition weekly most less biweekly like I used to. Last time I washed I just half a** blowdried and ironed my hair...it really didn't look GOOD it was just there.

Moreover, I find myself going to sleep a lot of nights without moisturizing...I just close my books, slap on my bonnet and get into bed.

Anyone else ever experience hair fatigue? I guess the only plus side to this is extremely low manipulation ... I just need to force myself to get my deep conditionings in because when I do them routinely my hair really shows the benefits.

Chayil

Yep I hear ya!

I just finished a post about being bored with my hair. Boredom for me equals slacking if I go to long. So I'm switching up my routine! Most of the time that helps. The next bout will probably end up with my hair in braids. I refuse to blow my progress.

Is it hair fatigue or just fatigue? School, work and life in general can leave ya just plain tired. When I get in a rut sometimes the only thing that really matters to me is a nap!

:bighug:
You can do it!!

I have three heads . . . my hair plus two girls. It is a lot of work :spinning:. Sometimes I want to just say "I'm going to take a break, but then I snap out of it. Because if I slip just a little I look like mama hen with 2 little chicken heads following behind me. :blush:

Because if I slip just a little I look like mama hen with 2 little chicken heads following behind me. :blush:[/quote]

LOL! Yeah, I would have 1 little chicken behind me! She is so used to her routine, "No mommy use the coconut oil!" :lachen:

The thought of having somebody ask, "Why didn't that child's mamma comb her hair?" will snap you out of it!

Not to hijack the OP cuz girl I still feel you.

:sigh: ususally I have a ritual of doing my wash and deep condition on Friday afternoon, but it's Sunday and my stuff is still not washed.

I dunno, since school started I've just been so fatigued with my hair. I don't spend as much time on the forum and its a real effort to get in there and do my deep condition weekly most less biweekly like I used to. Last time I washed I just half a** blowdried and ironed my hair...it really didn't look GOOD it was just there.

Moreover, I find myself going to sleep a lot of nights without moisturizing...I just close my books, slap on my bonnet and get into bed.

Anyone else ever experience hair fatigue? I guess the only plus side to this is extremely low manipulation ... I just need to force myself to get my deep conditionings in because when I do them routinely my hair really shows the benefits.

Chayil

I definitely feel you on this Chayil!! I've gone from wahing twice a week to once. Plus I'm seriously considering wearing half wigs and weaves on a more frequent basis. Maybe once I finish this semester...

Last edited:
Because if I slip just a little I look like mama hen with 2 little chicken heads following behind me. :blush:

LOL! Yeah, I would have 1 little chicken behind me! She is so used to her routine, "No mommy use the coconut oil!" :lachen:

The thought of having somebody ask, "Why didn't that child's mamma comb her hair?" will snap you out of it!

Not to hijack the OP cuz girl I still feel you.

I was about to type the same thing except mine say "no mommy don't use the comb" :rolleyes:

:lachen:

School always has me burnt the hec out. Thats whats halting my progress. It just takes so long to do everything I need to do AND wash my hair. And its tiring....hair is definitely a chore to me!

Back