Hair dye coming off on towel

mg1979

So I had never dyed my hair before. I decided to use Natural Instincts Demi Permanent since it washes out in 28 shampoos. It's been several washes now and it still everytime I wet my hair, I can see hair color on the towel. Is that typical of Semi or Demi Permanent? I get that it washes off in so many shampoos, but I didn't think I'd literally see it on the towel.

So sorry to hear. I have no experience with dying hair and will be interested in hearing the responses since i've been considering dying my hair black for a long time.....i just hope it wasn't a white towel. So not cool!

Bumping

Yes that is typical. It is essentially what some call a rinse. It coats the outer layer of your hair and the color will gradually fade, especially from washing, as time progresses.

Was it a color you had to mix before applying? When using color rinses (no mixing needed) I added conditioner to it before using it and that prevented the color from running later on.

Was it a color you had to mix before applying? When using color rinses (no mixing needed) I added conditioner to it before using it and that prevented the color from running later on.

Yes, you had to mix it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

It's normal for it to do that since its not a permanent color, it gradually fades away. Just make sure you use dark towels to dry off your wet hair :D

Thanks, ladies. I will switch to dark towels. Luckily the black dye came out of the white twisty turban.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back