Hair coloring?

guudhair

How can I color my hair without using a permanent color?..My hair is damaged from a permenant color (brown) and I want to change it back to black...a couple of months ago, I used a black semi-permanent color but when I washed my hair a week later, all the color washed out...I plan on taking my braids out next week and want to color it black again (without having to color it at every wash)...any suggestions?...thanks.

A natural product is Indigo. You use Henna first to coat your hair which also conditions then you place Indigo on after. That is if you want your hair black.

This is what I and some others on the site are using and have had very good success with it.

I can't use coloring permanent or semi, hair just breaks. This has helped maintain my healthy hair and I get great coverage of my gray hair.

Check out the thread called "Do Ya'll Henna?" Lots of information and these sites are very helpful.

www.hennasooq.com and www.fromnaturewithlove.com. I understand that this is a good place for quality henna and indigo also: www.mehndiskinart.com/hair_henna_dye.htm.

I use KISS Express Semi-Permanent Hair Color in black, and it's the longest lasting rinse I've tried. Even though I wash weekly, the color hangs on until my next touchup (8-9 weeks). Yet, it's gentle enough that I use it right after the relaxer process with no problem. It's a keeper for me.

Thanks so much ladies!!!...I was beginning to think there was nothing I could do...shame on me for doubting :blush:!

I've heard good things about Clairol's Beautiful Semi-Permanent Collection.

This is what I used the last time and all of it washed out at my next wash...which was wierd because I love this product and used it on a regular basis before my ex stylist gave me a brown permanent color.

How can I color my hair without using a permanent color?..My hair is damaged from a permenant color (brown) and I want to change it back to black...a couple of months ago, I used a black semi-permanent color but when I washed my hair a week later, all the color washed out...I plan on taking my braids out next week and want to color it black again (without having to color it at every wash)...any suggestions?...thanks.

Matrix Prizms Plus is a really good semi permanent rinse. It's really conditions the hair and the color does last for several washes. It does not do much for the grey strands if you have any of them.

Back