HAIR COLOR.....GONE WRONG!!!!!!

Ang3l_23

t all started when I decided I was going to transition back natural for the 3rd time. My hair is originally dark brown/black and like usual I got bored and decided I wanted to highlight my hair 8 mos into transitions. :yep:

Everthing was going really good at the time until my twin sis who was also transitioning with me at the time decided to get a relaxer. (mind you she was also 8 mos into her transition) Like a sister I followed suit and got a relaxer as well....:nono: So now I have highlighted hair with a relaxer!!! My hair was still healthy b/c I was doing protein treatments during my transition and keeping my hair well mositurized.

Fast forward...a few months go by and I get the itch to try something new to my hair AGAIN! :wallbash: I came across a Keri Hilson pic of her hair all black except where her bangs were blonde. So, of course I wanted to try it out...(keep in mind my hair is relaxed, already highlighted all over with brown and blonde highlights). So to get her look I use black color showers after lifting the hair color of my bangs to blonde!

Terrible mistake....a few days after turning my hair black using color showers b/c its semipermanent color that has blue tint (cosmotologist know what I mean when the color wheel really came into play with my hair) I ended up looking like the incredible HULK!!:blush:

Frustrated with my hair I decided to braid my hair up to hide the green hue to my hair and just weave it up but leave out the front after ONCE AGAIN using a PERMANENT black hair dye to correct my hair color b/c the color showers wasn't holding to my hair. (Mind you this time I am now transitioning for the 4th and final time to be NATURAL)

So, with my hair only left out around my perimeters and what I thought was black (my avatar is my current install) I decided it was time to wash my hair and reflat iron my perimeters....only to reveal the TRUTH! The heat hit my hair and released the true color of the blonde hair color I was running from and the damage to my hair. When hair cant hold color its beyond its health. So I decided to trim my perimeter to about 2 inches of where my natural hair is since I am 18 wks post.

Finally, I have decided instead of being a long transitioner I am just going to cut all my hair off but long enough to braid so I can continue to wear weave installs until my natural hair grows out...

To sum it up.....leave hair color alone! You would think I would have known better since I went to cosmo school and know the damage hair color especially taken hair to blonde can do to your hair strands...GOOD NEWS is that i am glad the color wasn't on my newly coming in NATURAL HAIR although if i get scab hair i will have to cut it.

here is some pics of my hair from good to awful....
highlights.jpg
keristylecolor.jpg
colorbadfrnt.jpg
colorbadcut1.jpg
protext.tls.jpg

Wow. Color scares me- have tried it a few times, but never color lifting. Anyhow, welcome back to natural! BTW, did your sis follow suit with the coloring and all?

Wow. Color scares me- have tried it a few times, but never color lifting. Anyhow, welcome back to natural! BTW, did your sis follow suit with the coloring and all?

Hair coloring that deals with lifting or permenant colors is the only thing my sister doesnt do to her hair. She does use clear rinses from time to time which probably wht her hair has reached bsl before me... Not having to deal with tje consequencing damage permanent color does to hair strands.

I guess live n learn...i definately have n will no longer be colorong my hair permanently!

On another note i am so excited to b going back natural n have decided i wont b doing a long transition as i originally planned for due to the color damage to my hair...oh well

Back