Hair/Blow Dryers

It~Can~Grow

Ok ladies - I need your help,

I would like some recommendations on a blow dryer. I would like a few suggesstions:

• Top End
  • Mid-range (pricing/quality)
  • Low end
I don't plan on blow drying my hair more than once a quarter, but once is enough to do damage if I don't have the right tool for our hair.

All recommendations are welcome :yep:

No lie I bought mine last month, I was ready to drop $200 for a good blow dryer, I bought Jilbere Ceramic Porcelain series for $39.99 at Sally's beauty supply. I am SOOOOO happy I left a review, I have found the dryer of my dreams and I am going to buy a second one with my 15% off coupon for december :D

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-dryer/SBS-345600,default,pd.html

My hair is frizzy and when I used my conair dryer blue 1875 hand held it blew dry my hair and fried it at the same time. BLOW FRIED is more like it.

I wanted to update my dryer to something more current with the times and ceramic tourmaline, I bought 2 and this was my 3rd for the year, one I gave a way the other I took back to the store so I was out of luck and was ready to dig deep, I thought that would cost me a pretty penny. I tried this dryer Jilbere because of the name I have been satisfied with what I buy with their name tag, and the price was way cheaper than CHI or FHI which I was ready to drop it down for a good dryer, my only other recommendation is to buy the straightning nozzle http://www.folica.com/Solano_Willie_M_d1116.html from folica Solano adustable it is $18 and fits this unit with no adapters just itself tightend on, use a little Moroccan oil or Sally's Argan oil and blow dry your hair to that Indian Remy silky smooth. LOL! For real though!

Last edited:
So, the secret to "no damage drying" is to blow dry using a comb/brush and holding the dryer away from the hair?

Also, do I need to use the "highest" setting or what setting do we use to get our hair dry w/o the crispy heat miser head :burning: .

Thanks so much ladies for all your help!!!

I got a babyliss ceramix xtreme. Love it. Doesn't make my hair feel all fried.:grin: It uses far infared heat, 2000 watts, and it was under $40 at folica.com.

So, the secret to "no damage drying" is to blow dry using a comb/brush and holding the dryer away from the hair?

Also, do I need to use the "highest" setting or what setting do we use to get our hair dry w/o the crispy heat miser head :burning: .

Thanks so much ladies for all your help!!!

I was wondering the same thing when i happened upon the following youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYejkW9sBlA

In the video she uses a FHI which retails for $150-200!! Way to much money. She stresses that the dryer have ionic technology to seal moisture into the cuticle to avoid heat damage.

I have purchased the Tourmaline Ceramic 1875 Hair Dryer by Revlon which (according to the description) The Revlon Tourmaline Heat Dryer is a powerful, 1875 watt machine with ceramic heating elements help dry hair quicker for less heat styling damage. Tourmaline crystals and Ion select Technology combine to bathe hair in negative ions which help the hairshaft to absorb more water for smoother, shinier, more manageable hair. $29 at ulta.com

As a natural who wears my hair straight 50% of the time moisture retention is something i look for. I have had great results with this. No damaged ends!!:grin: HTH
http://search.ulta.com/nav/brand/Revlon/0

I am looking for a new blow dryer now. I have an older conair 1875 that I rarely even use. I need to upgrade to an ionic. I typically use my revlon styler (brush/blow dryer combo) but it does not leave my hair smooth at all.

I'm looking at the FHI blow dryers since I do love my FHI Runway flat iron.

T3 Evolution....
Runs about $250 ( I think....got mine on sale and flex pay from QVC)
LOVE it!
However, It does not have a comb attachment. You really don't need one b/c it gets your hair super straight if you just pull it taut while drying (comes w/ directions)
PLUS...has a 4 year warranty!!!

Salano dryers are supposed to be good. They are the dryer of choice for the Dominicans apparently.

Lastly, with any of these models, will I need to purchase a "difuser?" (sp?)

Thanks again to all who responded.

Many models come with their own nozzle attachement.
In terms of heat, the key with using a professional dryer is to increase the speed of the air flow instead of just turning up the heat. I use mine on high speed but cool so I get a strong flow of lukewarm heat. Doing this in conjuction with holding each section via brush and comb at various angles gets my hair very straight easily.

Salano dryers are supposed to be good. They are the dryer of choice for the Dominicans apparently.

I am planning on getting a solano next week. I know artemis has one and loves it. It has a good wattage and since it blows the air so strong, you don't have to use it on the higher heat settings as often. I am getting the same one she has, the supersolano lite 1800 watts.

I am planning on getting a solano next week. I know artemis has one and loves it. It has a good wattage and since it blows the air so strong, you don't have to use it on the higher heat settings as often. I am getting the same one she has, the supersolano lite 1800 watts.

where do you buy these?

I was wondering the same thing when i happened upon the following youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYejkW9sBlA

In the video she uses a FHI which retails for $150-200!! Way to much money. She stresses that the dryer have ionic technology to seal moisture into the cuticle to avoid heat damage.

I have purchased the Tourmaline Ceramic 1875 Hair Dryer by Revlon which (according to the description) The Revlon Tourmaline Heat Dryer is a powerful, 1875 watt machine with ceramic heating elements help dry hair quicker for less heat styling damage. Tourmaline crystals and Ion select Technology combine to bathe hair in negative ions which help the hairshaft to absorb more water for smoother, shinier, more manageable hair. $29 at ulta.com

As a natural who wears my hair straight 50% of the time moisture retention is something i look for. I have had great results with this. No damaged ends!!:grin: HTH
http://search.ulta.com/nav/brand/Revlon/0

I have the FHI Nano Salon Pro 2000, and it is a good blow dryer. It dries my hair pretty fast, and it helps to tame my frizz. It isn't cheap, but I'm still glad that I got it. I use it on the low and warm settings with the cool shot button.
When I blow dry, I use the tension method with a cushion brush.

My blow dryer comes with a diffuser, but I don't think I will ever use it.

OT: Happy Birthday, BlackMasterPiece!

I have a Chi Rocket. I use the comb attachment. I don't get how using this blow dryer for less than 5 minutes per section is more damaging than sitting under a hooded dryer for 45 minutes or more.

Don't get that at all.

I love my blow-dryer its the Andis 1875 Tourmaline-Ionic Blow Dryer, I got it for 29.99 @ my local BSS I :love2: it. It leaves my hair smooth and gets is super straight before flat ironing, I love it because when I use this I dont have to press my roots:yep:

After the review you gave on your blog about this dryer I looked high and low for it draging my SO in and out of stores. I was so mad :perplexed I couldn't find it! He surprised me and bought it online. I was like :blush: when the box came. I used it and I Looooooveee it!!!

Back