Hair advice please

klb120475

Hey ladies! I just took my 4A chin length fine/relaxed hair out of cornrow braids and now need to know what should I do next?:look: DC? Hard protein/light protein treatment? Help me out ladies. I ain't got a clue and I'm determined to get this hair care thang down this time.:drunk:

What type of condition is it in? Breaking, hard, split???

I deep condition once a week no matter what. But you might need protein depending on what's going on with your hiar right now.

What type of condition is it in? Breaking, hard, split???

I deep condition once a week no matter what. But you might need protein depending on what's going on with your hiar right now.

It's extremely soft, almost mushy. Shedding a bit, but I'm assuming that's the norm for after taken down cornrows.:ohwell:

Mushy hair seems bad. Like over moisturizing. And shedding IS normal, especially if you haven't detangled in a long time, which you haven't. I would do a protein treatment as a pre-poo and then follow up with a deep conditioning.

Mushy hair seems bad. Like over moisturizing. And shedding IS normal, especially if you haven't detangled in a long time, which you haven't. I would do a protein treatment as a pre-poo and then follow up with a deep conditioning.

Can you give me some suggestions please?:look:

Can you give me some suggestions please?:look:
Yes.

Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner is a medium protein treatment.
Mayo + Egg + Honey I would consider this a medium protein treatment as well.
The Banana Brulee by Shescent it is amazing. I have no clue if it's light, medium or hard protein treatment.
Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner contains silk protein which is light.
KBB's Hair Mask is simply divine as well.

I personally use mayo egg and honey because I'm cheap and it gets the job done lol. If I don't have those products at school to whip up I just add 1 egg to my normal conditioner.

Yes.

Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner is a medium protein treatment.
Mayo + Egg + Honey I would consider this a medium protein treatment as well.
The Banana Brulee by Shescent it is amazing. I have no clue if it's light, medium or hard protein treatment.
Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner contains silk protein which is light.
KBB's Hair Mask is simply divine as well.

I personally use mayo egg and honey because I'm cheap and it gets the job done lol. If I don't have those products at school to whip up I just add 1 egg to my normal conditioner.

You talking my hair language!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I use aphogee 2 step as my hard protein. I use this roughly every 6-8 weeks. Weekly I use aphogee 2 min by mixing it in my DC.

I live by the Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp, the KBB Luscious Hair Mask and the Aubrey's GPB. I just did the GPB last night to slap some sense into my hair for tripping these past few weeks. lol

Make sure u detangle ur hair!!!!!!!!! I took out some twist and just hopped in the shower and then guess what........SETBACK BABY. I am no expert maybe someone with experience will chime in.

I just came out of braids myself. First thing I did was clarify, then I used Nexxus emergencee, then steamed with Alter Ego, afterwards I used Aphogee Leave in and green tea.

My think for next time is I will use more protein maybe my Aphogee leave in instead of the CHI Mist :yep: along with my braid spray when in braids :yep:

When I come out of braids, I clarify first (with KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo) then I DC with ORS Replenishing Conditioner or Aubrey Organics GPB (both are mild protein conditioners). I follow up with a moisturizing leave in (like Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In or Mizani Detangle).

Typically, before and after I get braids, I will deep condition with a mild protein conditioner. That's just my particular rule of thumb. :yep:

Last edited:
DO NOT WET YOUR HAIR UNTIL YOU THOROUGHLY DETANGLE AND REMOVE AS MUCH SHED HAIR AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY THIS IS DEFINITELY TRUE , I forgot that rule :yep: Do detangle before coming.

I do a heavy protein before braid up since I know moisturizing will be constant, :D

Back