Green with ENVY!

queenofmean68

I went to a social outing the other night and there were 3 women there with beautiful, soft curls. I would LOVE to achieve this look, but I have 4A, baby fine hair which tends to falls straight at the LEAST BIT of wind or humidity!
Would I be able to achieve this look frequently---maybe 4 times a week, with the Caruso rollers? Do you need to put anything on your hair like setting lotion? How long do you have to leave these rollers in? 10mins? 20mins? Do these rollers make the hair "wet"???? Or limp?
All advice, suggestions for use and comments are welcomed!
Q-

You should try using medium-sized sponge rollers (wrapped in end papers) at night with some light setting cream (I use "SSLD" Salon Selectives Loosely Defined). My curls always come out real soft & bouncy!!
smile.gif

I use about 15 rollers, I guess. I don't do it all the time, MoezThunder, so I don't worry about breakage. I'd say I do it once or twice a week, but not every week... But my Mom sleeps in sponge rollers almost every night, with no adverse effects...

Also what I do sometimes is just use 4 or 5 rollers. I put my hair into like a mohawk, and put rollers all down from the top (from forehead to nape of neck). That way the sides of my head are free so I can't feel the rollers at all when I'm sleeping. I LOVE this method!!
smile.gif

I actually only put the rollers all over when I want a VERY curly look.

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
how long do your curls last?

[/ QUOTE ]

They really only last for the day, MoezThunder. I'll usually try to stretch them out and wear them the next day w/o re-rolling, but they don't look as fresh the next day, and sometimes they can tangle, too...
crazy.gif

I haven't used the Caruso rollers but have you thought about setting your hair? If you don't use too much setting lotion (I don't use any) then the curls will be soft and they will last so you won't have to keep doing it every day.

Back