Great Natural Hair Tutorials

Thanks for posting! The threading that came out like a cork screw was really nice. You could do some unique styles with this.

^Ya thats the one that had me drooling! I love that i could do this right after washing and have stretched hair when i take it down, i think thats what i like most about it. Its cute too, looks like twists from a distance. The only downside is i'd have to keep it up cause they are stiff and stick off in every direction but down :D

Seriously people, DO NOT SLEEP ON THREADING! It gives me blow-dried straight hair without the heat and with no tangles or breakage. It really is a great straightening method!

I liked her tutorial (I checked out a few other videos she's done and I was impressed! :yep:), but the only problem I have w/threading is that it seems like it would take FOREVER to do on your hair.

Has anyone threaded their hair like this and if so...how long did it take to do your entire head?? Did you have to have your hair relatively straightened/stretched beforehand? Her daughters hair looked quite stretched already...:look:

I use crotchet thread and it works fine, doesn't tangle in my hair or anything. Then again i've only used threading overnight to stretch my hair, not as a long term protective style so i don't know if the crotchet thread would tangle if it's left in for a long time. It doesn't pull my hair or anything tho, i like it so far.

It actually doesn't take as long as it looks, the first time i did 10 sections, after that i did 16 sections and my hair came out straighter than with 10 sections. It took less than an hour to do the 16 sections so definitely quicker than blow drying or roller setting for me!

I did it on freshly washed, shrunken hair and it got it blow dryer straight anyway so no, your hair definitely does not have to be pre-stretched.

My advice would be to cut the thread first, i moved faster when i did that rather than having to pause to cut a piece each time. Also i don't make a knot first, to me that just takes up unnecessary time and i dont have an issue with it pulling out without the knot so i'd say just skip that step.

I use crotchet thread and it works fine, doesn't tangle in my hair or anything. Then again i've only used threading overnight to stretch my hair, not as a long term protective style so i don't know if the crotchet thread would tangle if it's left in for a long time. It doesn't pull my hair or anything tho, i like it so far.

It actually doesn't take as long as it looks, the first time i did 10 sections, after that i did 16 sections and my hair came out straighter than with 10 sections. It took less than an hour to do the 16 sections so definitely quicker than blow drying or roller setting for me!

I did it on freshly washed, shrunken hair and it got it blow dryer straight anyway so no, your hair definitely does not have to be pre-stretched.

My advice would be to cut the thread first, i moved faster when i did that rather than having to pause to cut a piece each time. Also i don't make a knot first, to me that just takes up unnecessary time and i dont have an issue with it pulling out without the knot so i'd say just skip that step.

Wow! Okay...I may have to try this then. :yep:

I know one thing, now that my hair is getting a little longer...I may need to forego the two-strand twists and rollersets. They just take WAY too long. :nono:

I just washed my hair last night....I wonder if I can do a threading tonight?

Did you wear your hair threaded like that to work? :look:

I like the way her daughter's hair looked. It looked threaded, but into a style, so it looked like someone that she could wear out to school or out in public. If I threaded my hair, I would want it to look like it was in a style as well, so that I could wear the thread in my hair for a few days, and then take the threads out so that I could have voila...stretched, coily hair. :yep:

Should I dampen my hair first and add moisturizer before threading? :look:

I just washed my hair last night....I wonder if I can do a threading tonight?

Did you wear your hair threaded like that to work? :look:

Should I dampen my hair first and add moisturizer before threading? :look:

You can still go ahead and thread it, it doesn't matter if its wet or not, you'll still get the results, i'm currently threading some dry, shrunken two-strand twists to stretch them out a bit and make them last longer.

I dont wear my threaded hair out, i haven't perfected it to the point of being comfortable wearing it out yet, when i get better at it i'll definitely wear it out. Also my hair is too short to put in a proper ponytail while its threaded so, so far i've only used the threading to stretch my hair, not as a protective style.

I do moisturize before i thread, i'd say just do whatever you would normally do before styling your hair.

You can still go ahead and thread it, it doesn't matter if its wet or not, you'll still get the results, i'm currently threading some dry, shrunken two-strand twists to stretch them out a bit and make them last longer.

I dont wear my threaded hair out, i haven't perfected it to the point of being comfortable wearing it out yet, when i get better at it i'll definitely wear it out. Also my hair is too short to put in a proper ponytail while its threaded so, so far i've only used the threading to stretch my hair, not as a protective style.

I do moisturize before i thread, i'd say just do whatever you would normally do before styling your hair.

Thanks for the tips!! :up:

Back