GPB as a pre-poo

Armyqt

I was reading a thread earlier this week where someone mentioned using GPB as a pre-poo on dry hair. Well since I had a bottle of the "old" formula, I decided to try it. ( I love the new one much better btw ;) ). So I put it on my dry hair and placed a plastic cap over it and went on with my day. It ended up staying on for about 3 hours, no heat.

I washed with NTM poo. My hair felt like pure BUTTA!! :love: After rinsing that out I applied MNT CO and let sit for 1 min and then added Kenra MC for moisture. Of course the slip was amazing and hair shedding was minimal.

Overall I had an excellent experience with this routine. I'm gonna continue to do this on Saturdays hoping to yield the same results. There's a pic in my album that shows the end result. :)

Armyqt said:
I was reading a thread earlier this week where someone mentioned using GPB as a pre-poo on dry hair. Well since I had a bottle of the "old" formula, I decided to try it. ( I love the new one much better btw ;) ). So I put it on my dry hair and placed a plastic cap over it and went on with my day. It ended up staying on for about 3 hours, no heat.

I washed with NTM poo. My hair felt like pure BUTTA!! :love: After rinsing that out I applied MNT CO and let sit for 1 min and then added Kenra MC for moisture. Of course the slip was amazing and hair shedding was minimal.

Overall I had an excellent experience with this routine. I'm gonna continue to do this on Saturdays hoping to yield the same results. There's a pic in my album that shows the end result. :)

Hmmmmmm....movie star experiment....I think I would like to try this...except substitute the Kenra with my Humecto. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing. I have a large bottle of the new AO GPB in my stash!:grin:

MonaLisa said:
Hmmmmmm....movie star experiment....I think I would like to try this...except substitute the Kenra with my Humecto. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing. I have a large bottle of the new AO GPB in my stash!:grin:

Hey Mona :wave:

I bet you would have great results. If you decide to try this, please be sure to share your experience. I'm willing to place a wager that you would LOVE it. I just noticed that you're a fellow fine-haired lady ;)

simplycee said:
I had pretty good results doing this too but I used the new formula.

I bet the new formula would be even better :) Once I run out of the old stuff, I'll definitely be trying this method with the newbie.

Armyqt said:
Hey Mona :wave:

I bet you would have great results. If you decide to try this, please be sure to share your experience. I'm willing to place a wager that you would LOVE it. I just noticed that you're a fellow fine-haired lady ;)

Will do movie star! I just did my protein combo for the day...so I will give this a try next weekend. I'll have to go by how my hair feels rather than styling...cause I don't style anymore unless I'm going out..lol..I got a hair goal...so it's tucked away...under my quick weave...:grin:

Army,

I love this regimen!!! I'll have to try this my next wash day :clap:

I must say, I checked your album and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair!!!!!!! It is absolutely beautiful. I love the results you get from Phyto. The wave pattern is so nice that you can really wash-n-go and your hair would look great.

Also, great job trimming! I know you lost a lot, but it looks so beautiful. You'll reach your new goals in no time!!

Congrats,

SG

I'm still using the old version of GPB (have two bottles). I may try this if I ever get around to the new version of GPB. Right now, it's still working out well for me by using it after I shampoo my hair.

This is how I use the GPB also, I put it on dry hair per the instructions and I love it. One day I may try it on wet hair to see if it's just as good.

I tried it on dry hair 1st and loved it. Last week I tried it on wet hair, loved it to, but I think a little less than the dry hair.

Victory1 said:
I tried it on dry hair 1st and loved it. Last week I tried it on wet hair, loved it to, but I think a little less than the dry hair.

Oh, I'm definitely trying this next wash day. Doggone movie star starting ish...;)

I tried this also this weekend followed with shampoo and then Miss Keys conditioner. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way my hair felt so, so soft. :)

I tried this tonight with the old formula on dry hair followed with the Keracare shampoo and Humecto conditioner. I received awesome results. Thanks for posting this method. I will try this again in a couple of weeks.

MissB said:
I tried this tonight with the old formula on dry hair followed with the Keracare shampoo and Humecto conditioner. I received awesome results. Thanks for posting this method. I will try this again in a couple of weeks.

Okay...I think this is the version I'll be trying. Thanks MissB!

This sounds wonderful! I think I will try it tomorrow!

Mona I heard you!! I will let you know how it turns out,since I am a guinea pig! LOL!

mrslee said:
This sounds wonderful! I think I will try it tomorrow!

Mona I heard you!! I will let you know how it turns out,since I am a guinea pig! LOL!

It's funny how it has turned out that way, huh? LOL! I'll await ur review!

:look:

I tried this - and loved it - but does anyone else feel that they have to use much more of the GPB to coat dry hair versus wet?

Armyqt said:

ArmyQT, I am trying this right now! Did you rinse or leave your M/T con and Kenra moisture in?

mrslee said:
ArmyQT, I am trying this right now! Did you rinse or leave your M/T con and Kenra moisture in?

Oh, I am so sorry that I didn't catch this earlier. I know this is late, but yes I did rinse the COs out. I can't wait to hear how your hair responded to this. Which COs did u use? Be sure to give us a review. And you know Mona's waiting with baited breath to hear the outcome :lol: Hey Mona :wave: :lol:

Armyqt said:
Oh, I am so sorry that I didn't catch this earlier. I know this is late, but yes I did rinse the COs out. I can't wait to hear how your hair responded to this. Which COs did u use? Be sure to give us a review. And you know Mona's waiting with baited breath to hear the outcome :lol: Hey Mona :wave: :lol:

I'm sooooo mad....I was like...lemme see what movie star said....then I got to...
And you know Mona's waiting with baited breath to hear the outcome and bust out laughing! Mad u knew this! LOL!:lachen:

MonaLisa said:
I'm sooooo mad....I was like...lemme see what movie star said....then I got to...
And you know Mona's waiting with baited breath to hear the outcome and bust out laughing! Mad u knew this! LOL!:lachen:

OK, I figured you washed it out!

Update on GPB as pre- poo! I LOVE IT! My hair feels so silky smooth!
I pre pooed with GPB and covered with a plastic cap on my hair for about 25 minutes. Washed out and pooed with M/T. Conditioned with my on concoction conditioner ( I had several bottles of conditioners I wanted to get rid of!) and to make sure I had enough moisture, I did a salerm mask for 10 minutes! towel dried for about 20 secs and added the oils to my scalp, ends and a little throughout my hair. Covered with a scarf and airdried the rest. I went to the movies to see Coach Carter like this! My hair is completely dry now and feels so soft! I cant stop touching the ends! I did a little dusting and placed in a high ponytail! I will definitely do this at least every 3 weeks! Great tip! Thanks ArmyQT!

GET TO GPBing MONA!!! LOL!

I think I'm going to do this tonight or tomorrow. Since I've heard that the new GPB is even better than the old this is a good way to use my old GPB up and have an excuse to buy a new bottle!

mrslee said:
OK, I figured you washed it out!

Update on GPB as pre- poo! I LOVE IT! My hair feels so silky smooth!
I pre pooed with GPB and covered with a plastic cap on my hair for about 25 minutes. Washed out and pooed with M/T. Conditioned with my on concoction conditioner ( I had several bottles of conditioners I wanted to get rid of!) and to make sure I had enough moisture, I did a salerm mask for 10 minutes! towel dried for about 20 secs and added the oils to my scalp, ends and a little throughout my hair. Covered with a scarf and airdried the rest. I went to the movies to see Coach Carter like this! My hair is completely dry now and feels so soft! I cant stop touching the ends! I did a little dusting and placed in a high ponytail! I will definitely do this at least every 3 weeks! Great tip! Thanks ArmyQT!

GET TO GPBing MONA!!! LOL!

:clap: Yaaayyy. I'm glad it worked out for ya. I'm sure the WGM added a nice little kick to it also ;)

Mona we'll be waiting for your review :yay:

I am going to try this Saturday when I wash my hair. I love the way GPB makes my hair feel. It feels so soft, silky and tangle free with no problems. Thanks to everyone in the forum.

Armyqt said:
:clap: Yaaayyy. I'm glad it worked out for ya. I'm sure the WGM added a nice little kick to it also ;)

Mona we'll be waiting for your review :yay:

LOL @ Movie Star and MrsLee....y'all are funny!

MrsLee...thank you for your review (mad she managed to throw some wheat germ up in there somehow - i don't remember that part:ohwell: ) -

I think mine will be straight up gpb pre-poo, keracare poo, then humecto (I forgot I dolloped some of the old gpb up in it, oh well), some mixed WGO, then airdry... DAT's it!

I'm gonna do a CW tonight or tomorrow...I'll save this experiment for poo day on Saturday.

Again..y'alls iz funny.:lol:

I tried this today and I used some olive oil with the GPB and it worked wonders for me because I was struggling with tangles and dryness since I am 5 months post relaxer and transitioning. I left it on for about an hour and then I poo'd with Aveda Sap Moss. Then I applied my AO Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with a little Hollywood Olive Cholesterol and my hair felt like butta too! Threads like this make me more and more happy that I found and joined this site cause y'all ladies offer some great hair advice!! I now have found my staple products. I also wanted to say I like the results on dry hair better than using GPB on wet hair.

I tried this last nice with great results. I was crunched for time so I applied the GPB to dry hair for about 20 minutes. Shampooed with Aubrey JAY. Applied Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with Nexxus Botanoil (the oil not poo) and left it on for a hour covered. I airdryed with Mizani Thermastrength applied since I was going to use heat. I love the results.I may do this once a week or every other week.

Back