Got a small problem...what would you do?

gymfreak336

Since using megatek, my hair has gotten thicker and my texture has changed. I am now approaching 12 weeks post relaxer and I am ready to relax. The only problem is that when I rollerset my hair, you can barely notice the new growth. BUT when it is wet, it is he** tying to detangle. I washed and rollerset last night to prepare for relaxing this week but I wouldn't even know where to apply the relaxer really. Do I just relax anyway or wait longer?

Last edited:
Do you lose a lot of hair when trying to detangle? If not, I say wait it out :grin:

Can you feel the change of texture between NG and relaxed hair? If not I would wait it out.

OT: How do you relax the back of your head without overlapping?

I would wait until I could feel it, or wash it if you can deal with not detangling. I wash it and don't detangle and just deal with trying to part it on relax day. I usually come out unscathed

Can you feel the change of texture between NG and relaxed hair? If not I would wait it out.

OT: How do you relax the back of your head without overlapping?

I can feel the difference in some spots:ohwell: I am telling yall, its a day and night difference with how my hair looks when I air dry and when I rollerset :lol:

Relaxing the back the head.....When I am preparing to relax, doing all of the parting and sectioning, I take cheapie conditoner and add a little grease to make it more sticky. I put a swipe of it where I feel I need to stop in the spots I can't see that way I can feel the greasy line as I go.

I wondered if this situation would arise since people are saying their NG is coming in softer. :ohwell:

I would wait until I could feel it, or wash it if you can deal with not detangling. I wash it and don't detangle and just deal with trying to part it on relax day. I usually come out unscathed

I was wondering if airdrying on rollers would help? Thanks for your input.

I did my own virgin relaxer and even though I'm not planning to do a touchup until December I was wondering if I need to go to a salon for the touchup. Virgin is easy - if I can touch it - relax it. :lachen::lachen: But the new growth, especially using MT, might be trickier. I may have to rely on the professionals next time.:sad:

I did my own virgin relaxer and even though I'm not planning to do a touchup until December I was wondering if I need to go to a salon for the touchup. Virgin is easy - if I can touch it - relax it. :lachen::lachen: But the new growth, especially using MT, might be trickier. I may have to rely on the professionals next time.:sad:

Has your growth started to change already?

Has your growth started to change already?

Yes, it is definitely softer. I used to feel little hard ridges, but now it feels closer to the relaxed texture - almost like a relaxed piece near the scalp that just dried going in a different direction, or not quite as straight, but definitely not a ridge.

Yes, it is definitely softer. I used to feel little hard ridges, but now it feels closer to the relaxed texture - almost like a relaxed piece near the scalp that just dried going in a different direction, or not quite as straight, but definitely not a ridge.

YES!!!! Thats my hair! Its like you texlaxed it but its the newgrowth.

What I do when it's time for a touch-up (when I remember) is spray mist the entire head of hair, especially the roots, with a mixture of SAA and water. Once that is dry, then apply Porosity Control or whatever oils to protect the previously relaxed hair.

The hair should be detangled and you can let it dry in the sections prepped for relaxing.

I do this the day before, so that the hair is completly dry when I relax, but the light misting of the hair should make the line of demarcation very clear. HTH

What I do when it's time for a touch-up (when I remember) is spray mist the entire head of hair, especially the roots, with a mixture of SAA and water. Once that is dry, then apply Porosity Control or whatever oils to protect the previously relaxed hair.

The hair should be detangled and you can let it dry in the sections prepped for relaxing.

I do this the day before, so that the hair is completly dry when I relax, but the light misting of the hair should make the line of demarcation very clear. HTH

What a great Idea. I didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip. That is what I might have to do.

Back