Good styling products! Recommend please?

Mimi22

My hair is type 4 natural and its usually a pain to lay down my frizz & fly-aways. I love Aveda USC, but my hair only seems to react WHEN it feels like!! I checked a couple of fotkis out and saw Fantasia IC gel, Keracare creme, Elasta QP glaze, Avocado creme and other brands.......

My question is set out as this: Can anyone pleeeeeease recommend a good styling product for my type 4 hair? Has it laid down your hair smoothly & softly? Any flakes, dryness or breakage? Or if you have a product willing to sell, I'm open to it!

Thanx ladies!

My hair is thin with fine strands, but pretty coily.

To slick back my hair I use either: IC Fantaisa styling gel (blue or clear); IC Fantasia Slick and Shine (brown gel); Aveda Humectant Pomade; Scarf

It is very difficult to get my hair to slick back without a conditioner wash or at least spritzing it damp. I apply my homemade butter pomade for moisture/light hold, then follow with a finger full of IC Fantasia blue. I follow that with another finger full of Aveda Humectant. None of that would slick back my hair without adding a scarf to the the front for 10-15 minutes (I place it behind the start of my hairline).

I usually have the products I've used for any particular style in my hair album.

Hi Cheleigh!
Thankx for the response! Do you have any build-up or flakes with fantasia IC blue gel?
I'm taking a look at your fotki right now! x

Elasta qp glaze might be good on your edges. I am not natural but my boyfriends little brothers have bsl natural hair and they use it on their edges. They also use a little Lets Jam every now and then.

Hiya gym!
I used to use Lets Jam, but it jus felt overly greasy and looked shiny! I had no hold whatsoever, which is why i'm in such a rut :ohwell:
I'll look out for Elasta QP glaze tho ! Thanx for the recommendation

Back