Good Humidity Blocker Product

Country gal

Any suggestions on a good product to help prevent my hair from reverting from the humidity? I know Sabino is suppose to be good. I need something I can pick up at the local BSS.

I really like Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant. I put a little on my roots, edges, and on my ends and it worked great. Used it alot when I started transitioning and was getting my hair pressed.

Hey Country, I picked up Mizani's Thermasmooth Shine Extend Anti-humidity Spritz, and it works pretty well :yep:. I likey, and the smell is :lick:.

Trust me, I live where the humidity is way of life!!

Thanks, ladies. My hair ended up being a big old puff at the end of the day. Not cute if you are on a date. I should of just done a wash and go. I wanted to sport straighter hair yesterday.

I used the Keracare Oil Sheen with Humidy Block in it. It worked well! I was out in the hot sun walking and shopping in the hood for several hours and to my surprize my hair remained straight all day, no puff etc.

Are there humidity blockers that do not require the use of heat to work???? I haven't been using heat and would like to continue but the summer weather is making my efforts futile, LOL.

Oh, and can you use humidity blockers with steam rollers or will the not work? TIA!!!!

Sabino or Lok and Block. I have dared to heat my iron to 450 degrees to infuse my hair. I was so scared to do it at first cause I thought that my thin, kinky hear would break off.

But, I am here to report that it did not. My texture has never been the same since I've done it. It is looser in curl and easier to manage.

A less well known, Beyond Straight and The End (by Maxius) also works great as well. It's the only one I've tried and my hair remained straight for over a week and a half despite the humidity

Any suggestions on a good product to help prevent my hair from reverting from the humidity? I know Sabino is suppose to be good. I need something I can pick up at the local BSS.

I LOVE Living Proof No Frizz Cream for coarse hair. You can find it at Sephora (they should have sample sizes, too). I had to play with it a bit to get it to work, but now I have the right formula:

1- Leave in cond.
2- Several dime sized dollops (two-three) of Living Proof
3- Same amount of Moroccan Oil
4. Dry

I used Sabino Moisture Block when I straightened my hair during my transition. It was truly the best humidity blocker I've used and BY FAR the best heat protectant I've used.

ETA: I've used 410 degrees and all of my curls popped back.

Sorry I didn't read the only BSS part.

IC Fantasia came second for the humidity part, and then 3rd was a Anti-Humectant by Aveda ( can't remember the exact name)

^^^^^ I know and I am sure one of you ladies has used a humidity blocker and not used heat???? Ok, maybe not, LOL, but maybe you tried. Can we get some results from the attempt, LOL.

Might have to start a new thread in a day or so.....

Sorry I didn't read the only BSS part.

IC Fantasia came second for the humidity part, and then 3rd was a Anti-Humectant by Aveda ( can't remember the exact name)

It is ironic that you mentioned this one b/c I was just going to post it as one of the products not to use for blocking humidity. The product is basically a bottle of silicone & it did nothing to combat the frizz. I was walking around looking like Don King.

It is ironic that you mentioned this one b/c I was just going to post it as one of the products not to use for blocking humidity. The product is basically a bottle of silicone & it did nothing to combat the frizz. I was walking around looking like Don King.

Sorry but the Don King made me laugh:lachen:.
It worked wonders for my hair. It might have been that I used it when I flat ironed my hair but it worked great in Florida's humidity. I guess everything doesn't work the same for everyone.

Hmmmmm, but no one has answered whether or not these products MUST be used with heat in order to be activated???????

Sabino Moisture Block has a YouTube video on how to use for frizz free curls. I have yet to try it on my curls or without heat so I can't say from personal experience if it worked but it looked as if it worked in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNH5XZd5cDQ

It starts with the curly hair at about 1 minute in. HTH!

Back