GodMadeMePretty Where You At

BlkHoneyLuv2U

Gurl, I just looked at your photo album and I'm sitting here with my mouth open saying wow wow wow, I want that much hair, I want that much hair. You are natural right? I've been thinking of cutting my hair down to the new growth and just starting over. If I get the nerve to do it, you will be my inspiration. My church dont go with women cutting their hair, but in the last few months my hair has gone down hill and I have got to do something. God will forgive me even when people wont. I just love your hair /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif its da bomb. wanna trade? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, my goodness. You've just made my day. Thank you. I WISH it was all natural. I still have permed ends - about 3-5 inches. I was just thinking the other day that I needed to cut off the permed ends.

Thank you soooo much! But I'm thinking that if you really had to deal with my hair on a daily basis, you wouldn't be wanting to trade. LOL!!

What did you do when you transitioned? My last good relaxer was in April this year, I tried a touchup in July and August which did not take but I think left my ends overprocessed. Its really nappy at the root because of the new growth and lately I've had a lot of hair in my comb because of the two different textures. What can I do to avoid this if I transition?

I only combed it if it was completely moisturized. That doesn't necessarily mean soaking wet. But as I got more new growth, soaking wet with conditioner is how I comb it. I use a pick (think of the picks boys used to wear in their hair a couple of decades ago with the black handle and fist) and the Denman brush to comb it out. The shower comb teeth were too fat to REALLY detangle like I wanted. Others use the K-cutter, but it was too unwieldly for me. I can handle the pick better.

It really is pretty and thick. It should be against the law for one person to have that much hair. She really has enough hair to share with the needy! If you are sharing, put me at the top of the list of the most neediest. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
If you are sharing, put me at the top of the list of the most neediest. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]
BACK OFF!!
boxing2.gif
I WUZ HERE FIRST!! So there.
boxing001.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
ladydee,

I ain't scurred of you! Bring it on. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]
BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!
20.gif
17.gif

13.gif
SUMBODY PLEAAZZE DIAL 911
19.gif
15.gif

16.gif
Ma doctor recommended bed rest with a 24 hour nurse. Then had the nervee to tell me to stay off LHCF. said ma nerves couldnt take it. No LHCF? NEVA /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ladydee36330 said:
One last question. Sorry to be a bother, but what product did you use as a moisturizer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We're in the middle of moving our offices back to the federal building. Anyway, my moisturizer of choice these days is concocted. But I used a variety of different things before I settled on my chosen method.

First I used Cathy House's cream moisturizer. It was the bomb, but very expensive. So, then I got some B&B moisturizer with castor oil. Then I noticed that one attracted dirt extremely well. Then I used world of curls activator gel. It moisturized really well, but it coated my hair and I didn't like the way it felt.

I have finally settled on a mixing Suave coconut conditioner with water in a spray bottle and I mist my hair daily with that. Then I put on some shea butter or mango butter for a little shine. I'm pretty low maintenance. The shea butter and mango butter that I use now I got from crabapplesoap.com. It's raw, unrefined. Shea butter relaxes my curl pattern slightly and shows more definition. I was really surprised at that.

The shea butter was really going to be just for my soon-to-be fat belly which I heard was great for minimizing stretch marks. So, I use it daily for that purpose too as well as it makes an excellent lip balm.

Back