Glycerine is working a bit TOO well...

Bronxcutie

I used a mixture of glycerine, water, and coconut oil to set my hair on Wednesday night. I allowed my hair to dry naturally with flexi rods. I took the rods out on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and the middle part of my hair was still wet. It is now Monday and my hair is still moist! LOL! I must say that my hair is softer and shinier than it has ever been. The problem is--I can't hold a curl! My birthday is on Friday and I would like to wear my hair in a curly style to cover up the new growth. I would co-wash my hair Thursday night. I have Friday off, so the rollers will not come out until that evening. What do you all advise/

Girl I did a mixture that was similar to your and my hair was still wet and mushy feeling. I just co washed my hair and set with keracare wrap lotion and it came out fine. I have not mastered my glycerine, aloe vera juice and oil mix yet. I think I may have used too much glycerine or something.

Same thing with me. I cant do anything but wear a bun if my hair has glycerin in it.

Last night I just tried to use ALITTLE bit of carefree and go under my hooded and let my hair dry hanging. Then I pincurled and did a silk wrap. It came out soft, but not polished looking....almost looks like an airdry. When I dont use glycerin it looks very polished. :perplexed I love glycerin though.

There has to be a way to use glycerine without it weighing down the hair. I mean it softens like no other product I have EVER used. I am going to add more water to it.

I use 10-30% glycerin (depending on how much my hair needs) and it worked well. I mixed with rosewater though. It's easy to over do this if you're not careful. I spritzed once in the AM and once before putting up for bed. If you use too much your hair will be "weird" (as in moist but too soft... not squishy/mushy soft but won't hold anything you do to it soft)

I haven't used it recently because I'm using the Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and haven't needed it.

Back