Getting hair compliments

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
wow....I haven't had much hair compliments on my real hair (from people around me) since I've been relaxed. Now I seem to be getting them frequently. One of my coworkers just told me how healthy my hair looks and how much she thinks it's growing. Yesterday SO was inspecting and running his fingers through it.....that felt sooooo good.

The friend who normally does my braids and weaves looked at me in shock when she saw my hair after I relaxed it. Ofcourse she decided to take credit for my growth. :lol: She figures her hands are blessed. :grin:

Not getting those yet. I wore weaves 100% of the time so a lot of my co-workers thought I was **********. WHen I was comfortable enough to wear my own hair, then they were astonished. Sure, I'm only SL but I'm sure they thought it was much shorter.

not sure why some people think that every woman who wear weaves have no hair

I don't get it either Val. But when I first started my hair journey, I'd see with women with MBL hair hiding it under a wig. THat used to perplex me, but now I totally understand.

But I never assumed that because someone was wearing a weave that they were automatically **********.

I know the feeling. I have not had my hair 'on display' since October last year (in my avatar) as it's been wigged up ever since, but when I did have my hair out I got the... "is that your REAL hair" :rolleyes: looking at my scalp, "it's beautiful", etc.
Then I have to explain why I don't wear MY hair more often.
It feels good to know your hard work (and hard earned cash :look:) is paying off.

VAL: Your hair is really coming along nicely and you've made excellent progress. Im not suprised you are getting so many compliments.

Because there are many women who get sew-ins and don't take care of there hair. I have a friend who for the longest time I did not see her real hair, and when I did by accident I was shocked! Now her hair is getting better and she is slowly letting go of the weaves.

Thanks. I was confused like what in the world did I say? LOL

I think bald headed is a descriptive term that could be offensive if directed at someone...but JMO... let me knock it off before I get kicked out. LOL:rolleyes:

:lachen: I was wondering that too. I saw all those *'s, and I couldn't figure out for the life of me what you could have possibly said.

I know the feeling. I have not had my hair 'on display' since October last year (in my avatar) as it's been wigged up ever since, but when I did have my hair out I got the... "is that your REAL hair" :rolleyes: looking at my scalp, "it's beautiful", etc.
Then I have to explain why I don't wear MY hair more often.
It feels good to know your hard work (and hard earned cash :look:) is paying off.

VAL: Your hair is really coming along nicely and you've made excellent progress. Im not suprised you are getting so many compliments.
thank you..... and your hair is beautiful..... have you put it back in hiding since October?
Hey Val, I just wanted to let you know that I am cheering you on! Your hair is growing pretty quickly.
oh thank you very much :blush:

Because most of the people who wear them don't have any hair. They are using the weave to compensate for what they don't have and cover up the short damaged mess on their head. Real Talk. I used to be one of those people.

come to think of it I have a friend in bmore who has been wearing weave 98% of the time and her hair has not grown much at all....she is still neck length at the back and ear length on the sides.

come to think of it I have a friend in bmore who has been wearing weave 98% of the time and her hair has not grown much at all....she is still neck length at the back and ear length on the sides.

Clearly she's not taking care of her own hair underneath. Or the weave is too tight and pulling her hair out. :ohwell: IMO, it's just like putting a band aid on the boo boo if you're not going to take care of your own hair underneath.

I agree. Get use to it because it only gets better. I think everytime i wear my hair down i atleast get one compliment (probably because it's not as often). SMDH at the one trying to take credit. That's cute. It feels wonderful when you put in so much work and you see results and so do others.:yep:

Lastnight SO was all up in my hair again..... I was sitting on the floor with my head on his leg and he was just massaging my scalp.... lifting my strands....running his fingers through my hair.... that made me so sleepy....it was soothing :lol:

Back