Get rid of the itchies!!?!!

KweenZ

Well, after a stretch, and the lengthening the stretch to 5 months with the help of micros, I am in DIRE need for a relaxer. I'm waiting a week [at least] to get a relaxer, cause i just took out those braids.. I washed, deep conditioned and everything.. and its about 3 days after i took out my micros and my hair is ITCHING LIKE CRAZY. At this rate, I dont know when i'll be able to get a relaxer..! I have 2 + inches of new growth and I realllly cant do anything with my hair in this condition so i reallly need one ASAP! How can I stop the itching so i wont have burns when its time to slap some lye on this mess?? Thanks in advance, ladies!!

What helps me alot with strong itchy outbreaks is taking head and shoulders shampoo and the conditioner for dry and itchy scalps, mixing equal parts together in a base nozzle tipped bottle, applying it directly to my scalp, wrapping my hair in plastic wrap and letting it sit for an hour or so.

Then I rinse it out, lather once with head and shoulders dry and itchy scalp shampoo or the smooth and silky shampoo. Concentrate the shampoo on your scalp and don't use your fingernails. I let the lather sit for another 3-4 minutes and rinse. Then I follow with my favorite deep conditioner which at the time happens to be aubrey organics white camellia conditioner or pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask. I don't put any conditioner on my scalp. I usually rub more head and shoulders conditioner on my scalp. I let that sit for 30 minutes and then style as usual.

Back