Fulfyl and Moisturefuse-same ingredients

mirrormirror

Hey Girls
I noticed that Mizani fulfyl and moisturefuse has the exact same ingredients in the same order. Has anyone ever noticed that?

i thought the fulfy was supposed to be a deep conditioner and the moisturefuse a moisturizing one? /images/graemlins/confused.gif God bless you all.

OMG I had no idea! so have you tried both? if so, do they give the same results?

Now you see, its stuff like this that makes me want to write to the company and ask WTF? (okay not that exactly but you know, ask why).

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The Fulfyl is suppose to be a Protein Conditioner... at least I thought... I say that because both that and the Moisturfuse give me the same results... so you may be on to something.

Yeah I have used both and the only difference is that the directions on the fulfyl says leave on for 3-5 minutes and the moisturefuse says leave on for 10 minutes with heat.

i am lost. i thought that moisturefuse was a moisturizing conditioner??? why would you use heat with a moisturizing conditioner? this is really confusing me. /images/graemlins/huh.gif God bless you all.

I have used both and I can say that for me I got difference results. To be honest I got totally different results.

I do have to agree with Dionne I did get different results. Now Im thinking that there might be different amounts of the ingredients used in the products. So that determines the end result. Anyway, I emailed Mizani about it, so Im waiting for an answer.

Hi mirrormirror,

I have both products, and my bottles have different ingredients on each. The moisturefuse has more ingredients in it. My understanding of each product is that the Moisturefuse imparts moisture and softness, the Fulfyl adds strength and moisture to the hair. I get different results with each product. The Moisturefuse gives me more slip. The Fulfyl doesn't make my hair as soft, but acts like a mild protein treatment; something like Nexxus Keraphix.

The purpose of heat with any product is to lift the cuticle of the hair and cause a deeper penetration of that product in the hair shaft. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank mirrormirror and pebbles.

Interesting that some bottles had identical stuff and some have more in it than the other. Looks like we're discovering some things these past few days about wierd ingredient listings....

The moisturefuse made my hair kinda smooth and soft. The fufyl detangled but my hair was kinda hard and my hair strands didn't feel has smooth as they used to. My hair also tends to break less when ever I use the fufyl.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pebbles said:
Hi mirrormirror,

I have both products, and my bottles have different ingredients on each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Pebbles,
well I wonder why both of my bottles have the same ingredients, maybe it was a misprint or something. Can you list the ingredients on the bottles you have. Thanks.

Hi Mirrormirror,

No problem. Here are the ingredients:

Fulfyl:
Purified water,
Stearalkonium chloride
cetyl alcohol
glyceryl stearate
cetearyl alcohol and polysorbate 60
hydrolyzed protein
cocoamidopropylamine oxide and lecithin and propylen glycol
collagen amino acids and acetamide mea and silk amino acids and propylene glycol,
methylparaben
propylparaben
fragrance

Moisturefuse:
Deionized water
polyquaternium-32
glycerin
mineral oil
quaternium-80
silk amino acids
extract of chamomile
sage
nettles
rosemary
aloe vera
yarrow and kiwi fruit
dimethicone copolyol
DM DM hydantoin
dimethicone
dl panthenol
fragrance
acetamide mea
hydrolyzed keratin
hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans
sodium cocoyl collagen amino acids
cocyl sarcosine
wheat germ acid
linoleic acid
linolenic acid
sorbitol
wheat germ oil
tocopherol
sulfur

whew! Thank God I don't have to pronounce some of these ingredients! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I am really concerned cause the Moisturefuse and Fulfyl does not hardly have any of the ingredients you listed. Here are the ingredients listed on both products that I have:

behentrimonium methosulfate
cetearyl alcohol
diazolidinyl urea
dimethicone copolyolamine
dimethiconal dimethylpabanidopropyl laurdimonium toyslate
fragrance
glycerine
hydrolyzed wheat protein
iodopropynyl butylcarbamate
polyquaternium-37
ppg-1-tridiceth-6
proplene glycol
dicaprylate/dicaprate
stearyl dimethicone
TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate
water

P.S Pebbles, thanks for listing the ingredients, where did you buy your products from? I can not believe how different the ingredients are, what is going on????? Does anyone else here have either of the versions??

You're welcome mirrormirror. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I bought mine in November at a local hair salon. I don't know why they are so different. /images/graemlins/look.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does anyone else here have either of the versions??

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a bottle of both the Moisturefuse and Fulfyl and they had the same ingredients listed too. At I first I was concerned that Soft Sheen was trying to pull a fast one. But, after using them and after careful scrutiny of the product, I just chalked it up as a misprint.

Now, I'm confused as to why Moisturefuse is being sold with different ingredients listed /images/graemlins/confused.gif I have a 32oz and an 8 oz of Moisturefuse and both of the ingredients are the same as yours mirrormirror. I know that the formula for Moisturefuse was changed and it seems as though that Pebbles has the "old" formula...but that doesn't make sense since she bought it in November. Now I'm really /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey Rayne,

I'm a bit confused myself. Why are the ingredients so different? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Perhaps mine is from an old stock the salon had? I'm going to buy some online to see if the ingredients are different. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Pebbles,

Let us know what if your new bottle has the same ingredients or not. By the way, where did you get your bottle from? I personally think the formula you have is better than the ones we have /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Rayne, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I bought my Mizani products at a local salon near work. I went by there today and looked at their bottles, and all of the Fulfyl they have there is the same as the one I bought from them back in November. I would like to know why my Fulfyl is different from everyone elses. /images/graemlins/confused.gif What's that about? /images/graemlins/look.gif

Hmmm, that is strange! I'm wondering if I should call the company to find out....If I get the time tomorrow, I think I'm going to do that. My curiosity has gotten the best of me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi Rayne, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you get the chance, please do so. I really want to know why they are so different.

I emailed Mizani regarding the ingredients, but they still have yet to tell me if the ingrediens have changed or not. here is the email they replied to me:

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Please note there is a definite difference between the Moisturefuse and Fulfyl Conditioners. Fulfyl is strictly and instant conditioner that does not penetrate the hair shaft and Moisturefuse penetrates the hair shaft and goes to the cuticle. Moisturefuse would be used for dry hair. I am not sure why the bottles were labelled incorrectly but since we are one of the distributors for the company, I am forwarding your message to the company directly for a response also.

[[email protected]]

Back