Fotki Update

Hey Ladies,

I haven't come to this section in a while. I finally updated my Fotki with pics taken in December 09 and thought I'd share. I haven't made too much progress but haven't been trying to hard. :ohwell: I am natural and transitioned without the BC. My last relaxer was in 2006. Click the link in my signature to check out the pics.

Your hair looks really pretty. I know sometimes it seems like it's at a stand still when it's actually slowly coming along. Have you taken any pics. since Dec.?

Your hair looks really pretty. I know sometimes it seems like it's at a stand still when it's actually slowly coming along. Have you taken any pics. since Dec.?

Thanks and no, I will probably take some in the next couple of weeks. I have trimmed since these were taken but not much.

Your hair looks great! What is your regi? Ty

I haven't been sticking too it too much lately but basically I mostly wear buns or draw string pony tails. I conditioner wash every 3-4 days and every two weeks, I wash with Loreal ever pure sulfate-free shampoo. Approximately every six weeks, I clarify and color with Jazzing semi-permanent color. and flat iron. I trim on an as needed basis and seem to be needing it a lot lately since I haven't been wearing as many protective styles. I still haven't found the perfect moisturizer but I am over being a product junkie so I use what I have which recently is mango butter and I seal with Honey almond braid oil.

I use Fantasia IC gel when I am wearing a bun or draw string pony tail. When I flat iron it, I rub a little CHI Silk Infusion on it before blow drying and flat iron with Beyond the Zone, turn up the heat spray. I do use heat when I blow dry it but do not comb or brush until it is almost dry. I part my hair into sections and hold taut while going over it with the blow dryer. When it is almost dry, I stop, comb it then brush through it until it is completey dry. I sometimes use a little honey almond braid oil (I know it's for braids, but I just like it) or smooth and shine on it. I used to roller set then flat iron but I don't have the patience any more.

I also used to take hair, skin and nails vitamins, MSM, and drink lots of water. I think these things defintely help but I have been slacking for the last year now. I need to get past this length so I think I need to step it up so I can retain more length.

ETA - I forgot to say that I use LeKair Cholesterol treatment every time I wash with Shampoo and Pantene extra Liso or smooth and sleek. I use cones and will continue to.

Last edited:
Very nice :)

I am curious about your transitioning without a BC. If I were to transition, that is what I'd do too. What length was your hair when you became completely natural?

Very nice :)

I am curious about your transitioning without a BC. If I were to transition, that is what I'd do too. What length was your hair when you became completely natural?

It was at shoulder length
http://public.fotki.com/growwithme/june_2006/june_2006/ it was around the time of this album (I guess this is shoulder length). I tried many times before this but kept giving up. While transitioning, I wore a lot of draw string pony tails. This is when I started conditioner washing and taking the vitamins. The conditioner washing helped a lot and roller setting and flat ironing to get it straight. The roller setting helped to get the roots straighter and ofcourse it was better than blow drying but when I started transitioning, I only straightened about every 8 weeks or longer. Not using heat and protective styles got me through and my hair was pretty much texlaxed before I made the complete transition. I would trim every time I straightened.

ETA - Oh, I just realized that you asked when I became completely natural. That album is when I started transitioning. Although I can't remember exactly now, it was probably approximately two years later. Judging from the difference in color (damage)of my ends in February of 2008, it still looks like I had relaxed ends.

Last edited:
Back