For those who stretch their relaxers and wear their hair straight

From 8 weeks post until I relax, I do a ponytail rollerset, that helps with getting the newgrowth straight. Then I'll do a saran wrap treatment. Sometimes, I'll flat iron the indentions before doing the saran wrap treatment.

The times I've done rollersets when I had a lot of new growth, it just made the ends straight and the new growth wasn't straightened at all.

The times I've done rollersets when I had a lot of new growth, it just made the ends straight and the new growth wasn't straightened at all.

The same happened to me when I did a rollerset the regular way after 8 weeks post. Try doing a ponytail rollerset, where you section your hair off in several ponytails before rolling your hair.

I do ponytail rollersets and pin curl or flat iron roots. Lately its been pincurling though...tryna lay off the direct heat

In the beginning I blow out just the parts of the roots most visible, edges and such. After about 10 weeks or so I turn to the flat iron but I use it moreso to help the scarf out, not to get the roots bone straight. Overall, what really helps me is the tying down the hair with the scarf night after night after the wash.

In the beginning I blow out just the parts of the roots most visible, edges and such. After about 10 weeks or so I turn to the flat iron but I use it moreso to help the scarf out, not to get the roots bone straight. Overall, what really helps me is the tying down the hair with the scarf night after night after the wash.

Yeah me too, it's almost as if you're training the hair. I find doing this means I don't need to manipulate my hair too much at all.

Back