For Those who self relax with Revlon Realistic...

shinyblackhair

Do you absolutely need the Liquid Tex? What is it for anyway?

I've got the tub of relaxer with red lettering (mild) and the Herbal Deep Clean/Neutralizing shampoo. What is the purpose of the liquid tex stuff???

Thanks in advance.

hmm....I'm not sure. i used to buy the Revlon Realistic in the box about 5 years ago but i've been using the Revlon Realistic Professional in mild or regular since then and i only use isoplus neutralizing shampoo to wash it out. I havent noticed anything bad happen to my hair by not using the Liquid Tex. Of course the Pro Revlon doesnt come with anything, but the formulas shouldn't really be all that different, if anything the pro may be stronger and like i said i havent noticed anything bad
smile.gif
so you should be okay if you decide to alter the process a little. i think the main thing is to just use neutralizing shampoo. i think the other stuff is mainly for fragrance after the relaxer or detangling maybe. HTH

Okay...the Liquid Tex apparently is applied after you've done the neutralizing shampoo and all of that. It's not even rinsed out. I'm thinking that the purpose of it is to further lower the pH in the hair. The neutralizing shampoo is 6.5. What I may do is shampoo again with my Elasta for Relaxed Hair which is pH 4.5-5.5. Then use my Motions Silk Protein, followed by Cholesteral.
smile.gif

Thanks Jainygirl.

When I purchased the Revlon Realistic (lye) in the box, I never used the liquid tex. I buy the jar of relaxer now and use the herbal deep clean neutralizing shampoo. I follow that up with an ACV rinse.

i don't used the liquid tex. i by the jar by itself and use the herbal deep clean/neutralizing shampoo. i then condition with humecto or aubrey GPB. they both have low ph (4.5-5.5)

Hi Ladies: I was wondering do you think it is ok to rinse the Revlon Realistic relaxer from your hair with the Profectiv Neutralizing Shampoo Mousse or would you try it?thanks for taking the time.

I would never use another brand of neutralizing shampoo to neutralize a relaxer. If I absolutely had to, I would do an thorough ACV rinse afterwards.

Back