For those who miss(ed) Surge! Possible alternative!

metalkitty

Hi ladies! Thought you might be interested in the product by Eqyss called Avocado Mist. It's not exactly the same but shares the similar key ingredients. It has muccoplycurides ( I know I spelled that wrong) higher up on the list than Surge and instead of keratin protein it has wheat protein I believe.
It has the same lather-like consistency when you shake it up. Sooo, although I haven't used it in a couple years I remember liking it and using it and getting good results, I couldn't tell the difference between it and Surge. Except it was less drying.
So if this peaks anyones interest try it out! Better than paying 50 per bottle for Surge 14 on Ebay.

A lot of protein in those products, so I would add some oils to it if you're sensitive to protein. To me, this product isn't moisturizing but it's a good protein treatment.

Hmm..interesting thread. I'm angry with the people from Surge because they yanked an excellent product. They supposedly were going to improve it, but we haven't heard a peep about it since.:ohwell: Some were using Aphoghee leave in with the purple bottle. It has a lot of the same products in it, too.

I use AVOCADO MIST and the APHOGEE....both help with moisture to my single loose braids when oil sealed. I don't use either with the intent of growth.

EQYSS AVOCADO MIST:
DEIONIZED WATER,
AVOCADO EXTRACT,
ALOE VERA,
HYDROLYZED KERATIN,
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE,
POLYSORBATE 20,
POLYSORBATE 80,
PANTHENOL,
PROPYLENE GLYCOL,
DM DM HYDANTOIN,
TETRESODIUM EDTA.
METHYLPARABEN,
CITRIC ACID,
FRAGRENCE,
DEFOAMER

Here are ingredients for the Eqyss Avocado Mist
Ingredients: Deionized Water (Infused with Extracts of Rose, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Nettle, Chamomile, Seaweed, Lavender, Mint), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyidimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Steralkonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I am still searching for the Surge 14

UPDATE;
Ingredients for Surge
Ingredients: Water, cetrimonium chloride, propylene glycol, muccopolysaccharides, hydrolyzed keratin protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, polyquarternium-7, biotin, fragrance, methylparaben, aloe barbadensis gel, propylparaben, citric acid, sodium PCA

Last edited:
Oh my bad sister...:look:

EQYSS AVOCADO MIST:
DEIONIZED WATER,
AVOCADO EXTRACT,
ALOE VERA,
HYDROLYZED KERATIN,
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE,
POLYSORBATE 20,
POLYSORBATE 80,
PANTHENOL,
PROPYLENE GLYCOL,
DM DM HYDANTOIN,
TETRESODIUM EDTA.
METHYLPARABEN,
CITRIC ACID,
FRAGRENCE,
DEFOAMER

APHOGEE PRO-VITAMIN:
Water,
Polyquaternium-11,
Amodimethicone,
Panthenol,
Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin,
Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans,
Sodium collagen Amino Acids,
Cocoyl Sarcosine,
wheat Germ Fatty Acids,
Linoleic Acid,
Linolenic Acid,
Arachidonic Acid,
Sorbitol,
Wheat Germ Oil,
Jojoba Oil,
tocopherol,
Sulfur,
Tallowtrimonium Chloride,
Citrci Acid,
Polysorbate-80,
Nonoxynol-10,
Aminomethyl Propanol,
Dimethicone, Copoylol,
Acetamide MEA,
PPG-2 Methyl Ether,
Fragrance,
Quaternium-15,
Methylparaben

I know some are using Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in mixed w/ Fantasia IC Hair Strengthener. Also some are adding MSM powder to their mix.

I love the Eqyss Avocado Mist Detangling Spray and the Premier Rehydrant Spray. I have been using both of these for the last few days and I love them. My hair has no protein issues. I am a natural 3c/4a.

Both smell delicious and really moisturize my hair- I am in micros currently.

Man, i'm going to have to find my bottle tonight because I could've sworn it has the muccopolysaccharides up higher on the list and it's shorter than what some of the ladies have posted...... I'm a little confuzzled as to if the formula changed or there's a difference between the pet version and the equine version (which I have) that Chameleonchick mentioned.

I love the Eqyss Avocado Mist Detangling Spray and the Premier Rehydrant Spray. I have been using both of these for the last few days and I love them. My hair has no protein issues. I am a natural 3c/4a.

Both smell delicious and really moisturize my hair- I am in micros currently.

That's the one I have too. I also have a gallon on the rehydrant spray and the avocado mist too.
Ooh I am trying to avoid buying that so bad. I was hoping everyone hated it. :look: Q

Back