for those who get tangles

Brownie

For REALLY bad tangles, do you think it's easier to get the tangles out when your hair is wet or dry? And how do you manhandle really bad tangles?

Well, I have to comb my tangles out when wet. Otherwise I would not be able to roll it or put it in a pony tail. I try to comb my hair with a wide tooth comb before I wash. That way, I don't end up with tangles really. Oh, and I put WGO on my hair as soon as I get out of the shower. After that, my comb just glides through.

Blessings,
Compassion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Brownie said:
For REALLY bad tangles, do you think it's easier to get the tangles out when your hair is wet or dry? And how do you manhandle really bad tangles?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use creme of nature detangling shampoo in the green and white bottle. It really does wonders for my hair which gets tangled and knotty all of the time.

Before I shampoo my hair, I comb through my hair real good with a wide tooth comb so I won't start off with any tangles. It helps me out. Also using conditioners with detangling properties and rinses as a final step help me out a great deal.

When I get really bad tangles, I submerge my head in conditioner and then comb the tangles thru with a wide tooth comb. This usually works!

-lee

Hi brownie,

Because my hair tangles sooo badly I braid them up during the wash and conditioning. I only deal with it when it's damp/almost dry. I still apply a product like Paul Mitchell's detangler or Aussie Slip to the damp hair to help ease whatever tangles I may have. But the braiding up thing really helps cut down on the tanlges. I have had some so bad I had to snip them. And I was/am gentle when I wash I don't manipulate the hair much but I notice the tangles appear after I towel dry. When do you notice them? Hmmm.

I mist my hair with a mixture of a leave in then use a wide toothy comb to detangle before I jump in the shower. Detangling shampoos are also helpful along with detangling moisturizing conditioners. I also try not to pile hair up on top of my head and use my fingertips to scrub the scalp.

I can only comb my hair when it is completely soaked in conditioner. I also find that baby detangler works very well at tangled hair.
Also try not to shift and toss your hair around too much when washing. I find that this also helps cut down on the tangles.
HTH
Valleygirl

I usually detangle my hair while its wet after Im finished washing and conditioning. Since I only do rollersets, I detangle my hair by starting at the ends.

my hair doesn't tangle bad, but i've always detangled while wet. it's actually easiest with the conditioner in. then i'll rinse and recomb. it just glides through my hair by then.

adrienne

Brownie said:
BY THE WAY does anyone else have some really long strings of hair that are a lot longer than the rest of their hair? I do. I have a couple strings that look like they've grown 4 to 5 inches since my last touch up 17 weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

When my hair used to be uneven like u've described above it tended to tangle v. badly. Once those stringy ends got trimmed off it does not tangle much anymore.
This is what works for me:
1. Even ends.
2. Detangling shampoos.
3. Curl activator gel a few hours before I wash my hair. (I think it makes the hair strands stronger (?) and more able to survive all the tugging and pulling.)
4. Silicone containing leave-in moisturising products which I think keep the cuticle lying flat or maybe coat the hair so hair strands glide over each other instead of rubbing and tugging and dragging on eachother (I add royal silicone to almost everything! Its in my weekly deep conditioning treatment mix, my curl activator, and my fav moisturiser ...
smile.gif
)

***edited to read royal silicone and not revlon silicone ***

My ends always get tangled, before and after trims. So I usually condition twice. First time with Dudley's Q Hair Rebuilder (leave in for 15 minutes with a hot towel), rinse and condition again with Nexxus Keraphix on the ends only (leave in 10 minutes). I comb my hair our while I rinse. This was not a problem until they recalled the Motions CPR.
frown.gif

butterscotch said:
My ends always get tangled, before and after trims. So I usually condition twice. First time with Dudley's Q Hair Rebuilder (leave in for 15 minutes with a hot towel), rinse and condition again with Nexxus Keraphix on the ends only (leave in 10 minutes). I comb my hair our while I rinse. This was not a problem until they recalled the Motions CPR.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Recalled Motions CPR!!! WHAT----HELP ME! What am I to do?
shocked.gif
crazy.gif

I detangle my hair ONLY when wet. Not only does it have to be wet but my hair must have a good detangling conditioner in it and my hair has to be all back, hanging down, and under a stream of forceful water before I even attempt to detangle my hair.

When I do this I can begin with a medium or small toothed comb if I want to. I rarely do - but I could. The comb just GLIDES through no matter how many tangles I had before my wash. It's even worked after freshly removing braids.....

For me the key is the stream of water and the conditioner working together to loosen the tangles. The comb really just coaxes everything along at that point.

HTH
smile.gif

CarmenRose said:
butterscotch said:
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Recalled Motions CPR!!! WHAT----HELP ME! What am I to do?
shocked.gif
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never tried motions CPR but was about to. Did they give their reasons for recalling the product?
confused.gif

Brownie said:
kenyana said:
This is what works for me:
1. Even ends.
2. Detangling shampoos.
3. Curl activator gel a few hours before I wash my hair. (I think it makes the hair strands stronger (?) and more able to survive all the tugging and pulling.)
4. Silicone containing leave-in moisturising products which I think keep the cuticle lying flat or maybe coat the hair so hair strands glide over each other instead of rubbing and tugging and dragging on eachother (I add revlon silicone to almost everything! Its in my weekly deep conditioning treatment mix, my curl activator, and my fav moisturiser ...
smile.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, I really like products with silicone. Is the product called Revlon silicone that you're talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi brownie...
I made a typo in the first post. I meant ROYAL SILICONE and not REVLON SILICONE. The bottle has the word royal running down the side of it and is similar to some revlon product containers ....
ohwell.gif

The only site i found with this product range is : http://www.exportcourier.co.uk/dynamix/
frown.gif

Back