? for those who do C&G or any braid extensions?

nikkivale

Help. Im a 4b transitioning with the help of braid extensions. I took them out over a week ago and my hair cannot stand it. My demarcation line is too much for my hair and i'm experiencing some breakage. How long should I wait before i can re-braid my hair again without doing any damage?

How long you before you can rebraid may depend on how long you were braided. I do two eeks in, two - three days out with lots of washing, deep conditioning, and moisturizing on those out days.

Did you check out the C&G website - the information there is most helpful.

I would think that as long as you are well conditioned and very moisturized, you can rebraid whenever you'd like. Make absolutely certain your braids are not too tight so you do not experience hair loss as a result of too much stress on the hair and folicles.

I’ve been doing the C&G braid regimen since August and its working fine. I rebraid after 2 weeks as I stretch my relaxer for a long time and my hair cant stand it either. Sometimes ill wait 3 weeks. I keep my braids in for 4/5 weeks at a time.
Its says on Robin’s site that you should wait at least half the time you had your braids in, but u should be ok after a week if you condition well.
HTH

it really depends on the condition of your hair when you take them out. in a grow out phase i've taken braids down on fri & had a new set back in by sun,:lol: ... but i was moisturizing my hair throughout (spray, leave-ins) -- as a result my hair was slightly damp/moist when i took them out.

does your your hair look/feel moisturised & healthy? or does it feel dry, or brittle? are your edges fine or thinning? if yes to any of the latter, i'd wait at least a week or two. give yourself time to pamper, deep condition your hair, before you rebraid. otherwise if your hair is healthy & strong you're good to go. hth

Back