For those that condition right after relaxer

soslychic

For all of those that use a conditioner before your neutralizing shampoo, does the type of conditioner matter? Does it have to be a normalizing conditioner or regular one?

I use Motions and the conditioner they make. I assume that it has to be a normalizing one. One that restores PH.

I've been using my regular conditioner with no problems. My shampoo is a neutralizing one.

No it wouldn't be damaging to not neutralize right away? That scares me to death!
smile.gif

Neutralize and then condition. I believe that the Motions is a Neutralizing Conditioner that you are supposed to leave in for a like 5 or 10 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't be damaging to not neutralize right away? That scares me to death!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well after you rinse and apply the conditioner, that does neutralize. The shampoo carries the rest of the debris away.

I use a protein conditioner after I wash my hair with the neutralizing shampoo. This can be done in the reverse, but I'm too chicken to do it like that.
smile.gif

With Affirm and Motions, you relax, condition, then neutralize, in that order. Using a protein conditioner will strengthen the hair instead of a normal everyday conditioner. Also, conditioners penetrate the hair more easily after a relaxer but before neutralizing because the cuticles (or is it the hair shaft?) will still be open.
smile.gif

I use the Affirm relaxer that gives you the option of using their Postive Link conditioner and/or 5 in 1 reconstructor. The idea is to use a type of conditioner that will bring down the PH of the hair. The necessary product PH # escapes me right now.

HTH!

I am knew here. Doing my research
smile.gif

It sounds kind of stupidy, but someone please tell me the exactly sequence. Should I relax, rinse, conditioning, shampoo and then??? Can I use a deep treatment right away?
confused.gif

Thank you all
brainy.gif

Welcome to the group. I apply the Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor after I rinse the relaxer from my hair, but before I neutralize. The bottle says how long to leave it on, but I can't remember right now - it's either 5 or 10 minutes. After rinsing that out, I neutralize 2x. I make sure that I massage the neutralizing shampoo through my hair for at least 5 minutes each time. Then I lather up again with cream of Nature shampoo 1x. After that I deep condition my hair under the dryer followed by a roller set.

I remember when I was using one of the "kiddie perms" they always included this stuff called "Nutrient sheen" or something like that, it was applied after the relaxer but before the neutralizer. Awhile back I remember seeing it being sold by itself in an 8oz. bottle. Optimum also makes a product called "Synthesis III Post Relaxer Normalizer" and the Motions conditioner can be used as well.

HTH,
myco

Back