For those that condition before neutralizing....

Babygurl

For those relaxed ladies who use a conditioner/reconstructor before neutralizing your hair what are your results compared to doing it the other way (neutralizing shampoo then reconstructor).

I want to try it but have always been to scared not to use the neutralizing shampoo first.

My stylist does this all the time. I have not noticed any ill effects from the conditioner being applied first, then neutralizing.

I did it for the first time on my last relaxer and I loved it.
smile.gif
My hair seemed silkier, but that could just be my thinking. I used the Affirm 5 n 1 after I rinsed the Affirm Lye Mild relaxer from my hair.

ITA with Michelle3147, I had no ill effects.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
I did it for the first time on my last relaxer and I loved it.
smile.gif
My hair seemed silkier, but that could just be my thinking. I use the Affirm 5 n 1 after I rinsed the Affirm Lye Mild relaxer from my hair.

ITA with Michelle3147, I had no ill effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used Affirm Lye too and in the instructions you are suppose to use the 5 in 1 before the neutralizing shampoo.

My hair seems to have more moisture. I use to use PCJ Adult formula and it provides "nutrientsheen" to use before you neutralize and it made my hair grow like wild fire. Saying all of that to say as long as it is a good conditioner you should have good results.

Does anyone condition again after you neutralize? If so is it with an intense or deep conditioner?

In my recent thread "Man, I just retouched my own hair, & I love it"; this is what I said:

"I retouched with Mizani Medium, but this time, after I rinsed the relaxer out, I applied Mizani Moisturefuse, put on a plastic cap for 15 minutes, then neutralized with Mizani Phormula 7 shampoo. This is soooooo much better than neutralizing first, then conditioning. My hair felt like silk! After spraying my hair with Mizani Thermaelastic leave in mixed with evoo, jojoba oil, and castor oil; I put shea butter mixed with coconut oil, jojoba oil, Mizani H20 Overnight treatment, and aloe vera gel on my ends. It is now air drying as I speak, in a single bantu knot."

My hair still feels great. I had been afraid to do this before, but I since the directions said you could; I took a chance.
cool.gif

The conditioners that are specifically designed to be used after relaxing, have a pH low enough that they aid in the neutralizing process as well as conditioning your hair during the 5 or so minutes you leave it on. So you don't have to worry about your hair processing the same way it was before rinsing.

That was my main worry, I usually relax then rinse and use my neutralizing shampoo, then I apply my affirm 5n1 for about 15 minutes with heat then let it sit for another 30 minutes. Its fine this way but Ive always wondered how it would turn out using the affirm first.

<font color="purple">When I get my touchup in October, I'm going to try this method. Also I'll do the same thing for my mom's touchup. ITA with all of you. Does it matter which conditioner you use before neutralizing, i.e. Le'Kair Cholesterol mixed with evoo, and castor oil? Thanx. </font>

BabyCurls ITA with Myco. You have to use a conditioner specifically formulated for this process, to help ensure no ill effects.

I should like to try this next touch up muself? But I am looking for recommended conditioners? Is it possible to by the nutrientsheen out side of the kit? Besides the Affirm 5 n 1 wht other conditoners can be used for this purpose?

Back