For Phonytail / Wig Wearers...Instant Weave!

nissi

Because I, a loyal phonytail wearer
laugh.gif
(thanks Adrienne!), thought I detected breakage/shedding at the point where the elastic was, based on the recommendations from some of the ladies here (thanx Karonica!
cool.gif
), I recently switched from phonytails to Sensationnel's Instant Weaves. Here are the pros and cons that I have experienced so far:

Pros:
1. I can completely cover my hair for the winter, almost (See Con Point #1), and let my hair rest. As a result I can moisturize my hair, braid it into a ponytail (without elastic), and even cover it with a showercap/baggie/scarf if I so choose.
2. No rubbing of hair against an elastic.
3. Not as hot as a wig.
4. Does not require a wig cap.
5. The styles are very cute
smile.gif
and closer to my natural length.
6. I can have hair "out" in a flattering style without the exposure to drying effects on my real baby.
7. I got mine on sale for $20
laugh.gif
but I think they retail for more.
8. No weave issues! Sorry, I don't have the time or money for the real weave.

Cons:
1. It can require that a little bit of hair be left loose (exposed to the air) to blend in the front. But if you don't want to do that, you can wear a headband.
2. It has haircombs in the front and back to keep it in place, so you have to keep a close eye on the combs for damage control (however, the combs are not uncomfortable, just worth watching closely).
3. It can seem drying to hair if you don't have a barrier in place. (See Pro Point #1.)
4. You can't order it, you have to hunt it down in your local beauty supply. But the website -- sensationnel.com -- will email you a listing of the closest bss's in your area.
5. When this new growth comes a-callin strong, I hope I can still blend in the front without looking like an Instant Weave wearer!
laugh.gif

So I think that's it! I have actually gotten compliments, even today from some white guy pulling out of the parking lot at the post office telling me that I am beautiful
blush.gif
! Anyway, any other people have feedback? And thanks to everybody for all the tips!

I starting wearing one last week and it's going well so far. Everyone likes it. I braid my hair into 4-6 sections, put on a nylon cap and put the instant weave on. I tried it without the cap and I couldn't handle the comb..how it was digging into my head. I must say I'm really impressed with it. My only thing is I didn't want to leave any of my hair exposed so I wear it with a headband. I wish I didn't have to but.....
At least my hair is soft and growing underneath it all.
smile.gif

Edited to say: I bought the HZ7009 the spiral curl one.

Nissi, Just a couple of points and a question.

First you can order them online Especially yours, carries them. - Except the still call them "Falls" which is all this "instant weave" is, just a new modern name I guess.

I got mine while in Virginia and I love it.

My question is how do you wear a shower cap/baggie/scarf ?? Dou you mean just on the braided part.

My other thought was there's nothing to protect your hair from the inside part that goes over your hair which is why I limit the use of mine. If I could cross this barrier I'd be good to go.

Diva I couldn't see it!
frown.gif

Thanks for the welcome, Tonya!
smile.gif
You know I want a couple more!
The one I got on sale was 7005.

I think that's possibly because the net has thick crosshatching in it, but doing this may also create bulk, and you don't want it to slip from your hair either (cuz satin may add slipperiness). I'm just guessing though.
ohwell.gif

Thanks Karonica
smile.gif
You answered a lot of my questions about it
wink.gif
I also thought about the satin idea but it was too slick for me. The nylon cap is just right...for me.
smile.gif

Hi Mindy Mouse!
well the part of my hair that is covered is what has the scarf on it, it's really a satin sleeping cap so it stays on easier. but i have done it with the shower cap with no problem, except the noise!
laugh.gif

Edited to say: i saw the falls at especially yours, but i noticed that sensationnel gives more variety. but the ones at especialy yours were cute! but since they sell the instant weaves around the corner, I can avoid the "delayed gratification" of the mail!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can avoid the "delayed gratification" of the mail!

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
I hear that...

I am getting tired of the phonytail and wigs I think I am
going to try a instant weave I saw them advertised at my
local bss.

[ QUOTE ]
nissi said:
Diva I couldn't see it!
frown.gif

Thanks for the welcome, Tonya!
smile.gif
You know I want a couple more!
The one I got on sale was 7005.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that. Try clicking the link in my signature and then go to the album, "When I reigned as WigNHairpiece Queen" It's labelled as a Sensationnel quickweave.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I think that's possibly because the net has thick crosshatching in it, but doing this may also create bulk, and you don't want it to slip from your hair either (cuz satin may add slipperiness). I'm just guessing though.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

believe me, i don't think it will slip because of the combs in the front and back. i think it's a good idea to sew satin into the thing, it shouldn't add bulk. thanks for the idea moez!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nissi said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

believe me, i don't think it will slip because of the combs in the front and back. i think it's a good idea to sew satin into the thing, it shouldn't add bulk. thanks for the idea moez!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know how it works! I'm so glad you like them!
trampoline.gif

I've been wearing one of these for about a month, and I really like it. I've been transitioning since November and since my hair was damaged a lot of the relaxed hair is literally breaking or ripping off. I have one of the shorter styles that is curly beacuse it matched my own hair the most As for the exposure in the front. I've been taking the Elasta QP and applying it with a coloring brush to smooth my new growth. Then I just bring the instant weave hair to the side so there is not that much exposure to the new growth. So far it seems to be working well, my own hair has been really growing. I am actually thinking of getting one of the Sensationnel wigs on Friday. If it has the same feel as the Instant Weave I'll probably go for it.

I kinda made my own from a 3/4 wig and I wear it with a headband. I took the combs out because I knew my damaged hairline could not support them. I used bonding glue to glue the wig onto a wig/wave cap and I wear a plastic bag underneath, like someone else said other than the noise it’s fine, but if you take a new plastic cap and beat it up a little you can remedy some of that, just rub it vigorously between your hands for a little while. But this is not a technique for the tender-headed, cause the plastic can be annoying after awhile. I make sure to let my scalp breath daily and rinse nightly. Underneath my hair is plaited and moisturized.

I made one too from weave hair and I thought it wasn't good enough then I got the sensationnel one and realized "hey, the one I made was just as good"...now I know
smile.gif

Back