For all you weave wearers...

glamazon386

Has anyone tried the Sensationnel Remi Goddess hair? Particularly the french wave? I've had mines in for almost a month now, but I was wondering has anyone tried to straighten it out? If so, did the curls come back when you wet it? I tried to 4th of July by putting some Herbal Essences humidity defying gel for curls on it (something new that was on sale at Target it works pretty good btw), brushing the curls out and then wrapping it. It came out pretty straight but it wasn't idk I guess as thin as I would have liked. It looked kinda fuzzy and when I tried to go over it with a curling iron it still looked kinda fuzzy. IDK if it was the gel stuff that made it look like that or just the hair. Does anyone think I would be able to blow dry this hair straight and then flat iron it without burning it straight (ie. messing up the curl pattern)? I really love the curls and would be upset if I messed the hair up. :ohwell: TIA...

I wore it for about a month but I never tried to straighten it. I thik the hair is good quality so you should be able to straighten it without destroying the curl pattern. Have you ever tried their Yaki hair?

I bought mine in a bss in harlem. There are a couple of online sites that sell it though. I think hairsisters.com is one of them. HTH.

cece22 said:
Ladies where did you get this hair? I would like to try it.

I got mines from a BSS in PG Plaza in Hyattsville, MD. It was 59.99 a pack for 14". I love this hair! I've had in for a month and it still looks good. It was definitely worth the investment. I've seen it online, but I think it costs more. I'm from Baltimore and I had a hard time finding it there. Only 1 BSS I knew carried it and they wanted 69.99 for it. They only had the yaki and the french wave but only plain colors. I went to the mall out here near where I go to school and one store on the outside of the mall had a decent selection and then when I went to the one inside the mall they had a whole wall full of the hair. :lol: I was surprised. I guess it's pretty popular out in PG County. Go figure...

Last edited:
cutebajangirl said:
I wore it for about a month but I never tried to straighten it. I thik the hair is good quality so you should be able to straighten it without destroying the curl pattern. Have you ever tried their Yaki hair?

Nah, this was my first time trying the remi goddess hair. I felt the Yaki in the store and it was pretty silky. I think I might try that one next, but I'm not sure yet. I read on another hair board that it's way silkier than regular yaki and it was reccommended to get your edges touched up for getting it. But other than that I'm not totally sure. I think I'm gonna go to the Dominicans this weekend and let them blow it out. We'll see...

Last edited:
I used the Yaki. Nice hair, but yeah it is very silky. It looked good with a fresh touch up, but never really blended the way I wanted. It looked good if I slicked it into a ponytail.

Back