Folica.com

toinette

Tricking the president
ok, i want to buy a flat iron and i am searching at folica.com. the great thing about them is that they have the top ten best rated flat irons so i can choose from there. my problem is hiw good will these irons work on AA-type hair? i'm going through the reviews and while i find a black girl occasionally, its mostly non-blacks giving reviews. should it even make a difference? right now i'm either looking at a sedu or a solia. i wanted a t3 but the reviews werent the greatest (which is great cuz then i wont have to drop 200 on a FI)

To me the only difference it made was how much you would use the flat iron. I think non AA's would use their flat irons more often than AA so subsequently theirs might break more often. I think this explains why so many non AA's complained about the CHI malfunctioning because of it's frequent use compared to AA's. I chose the SEDU 1 1/2 because it is has ceramic and touramaline plates which to me seemed safer and more effective for my fine hair compared to the regular ceramics. I've heard wonderful things about the CHI, SOLIA and SEDU and the wonderful thing about Folica is you can always send it back in exchange for a different brand.

I agree.....non AA's are prone to straightening their hair everyday.

I just purchased an Ultra CHI from Ulta. It's the new Tourmaline iron. It was on sale for $129-$139. Ulta has a 60 day return policy, they also carry HAI.

I purchased a Solia 1 1/4 in. ceramic iron in May. I have 4a/4b hair and it gets my naps straight without burning. It heats to 450 degrees but I've never gone that high. The only thing I'd change is get a smaller iron to .get closer to the roots.
This, along with WGO Roothealth and Breakfree help stretch my relaxers:grin:

I have a CHI and love it! I haven't experienced any malfunctions, but I only use it once or twice a month. My friends on the other hand use it more than I do! LOL!

Back