Flexirod/permrod curl technique?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cami
  • Start date Start date
C

Cami

I'm currently in the 10th week of my touchup and well, needless to say, my newgrowth is really thick!! I'm trying to achieve the flexi curls (using the small rods) to give the illusion that my hair has body and to hide the new growth.

Does anyone curl their hair with rods on a regular? If so, what are the appropriate rods and do you let the hair air dry or sit under the dryer? Oh yeah, do you also have to use those papers to put on the rollers?? Thanks!
smile.gif

I usually go 12 weeks between relaxers without any problem. I usually wash and roller set to keep my new growth soft. I use end papers, but I've never used rods on my own hair, but I did roll a friend's hair with rods and I used the end papers. Turn out beautifully.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I better go out and buy the end papers. How long was her hair?

When I used rods on my hair during my relaxed days this is what we did:

lotta body mixed w/water was sprayed on

at the end of the rod end paper and a little gel was used to 'seal' the ends

I really didn't like dryers, so I would do this at night or late evenings when I had nothing to do. After setting I would sit under the dryer for maybe an hour and a half and then leave in the morning I would remove the rods. This is the only way I got lasting curls because no matter how long you stay under the dryer it is never completely dry for the curls to have hold to last. This style was a real favorite of mine
smile.gif
You can use rods or straws depending on how big you want the curls

Can anyone point me to a thread or website that gives you instructions on how to use the flexirods? I bought some and I'm having a hard time putting them in my hair.

They're put in just how you would roller set, but instead of rolling the hair straight you do it diagonally(slanted)so that they hang down like candy curls? I hope that helps. you can also bend the ends to hold them in

Back