Flat twists for crochet braiding/weave- YAY OR NAY?

love90

I cant cornrow a lick but I can flat twist pretty well and I really want to try this out for my hair. would flat twist be okay for this style? has anyone ever done this style with flat twists? TIA :yawn:

BUMPITY BUMP and I added a picture of my flat twists

Attachments

• Snapshot_20100416.jpg
    Snapshot_20100416.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 57
That would be a lot easier but I would be concerned that the weight of the added hair might loosen the flat twist and that it would unravel. The length of one's hair would have a lot to do with it. One security precaution would be to add hair to your flat twists for stability before crochet braiding. I used regular cornrows for mine but my edges or thin (or fine and really straight in the back) so I added hair to the cornrows on my edges (thanks for that suggestion BlackMasterpiece). Hope it works out cuz if it does I may try it next time!

I think as long as they are relatively firm to the scalp, they should work. I cosign on adding hair or putting the twists into a pony tail. Or just get somebody else to cornrow your hair for you

@ Ijanei i mite put pictures up if it turns out nice lol

@ Ladypbc I was thinking about that. that would be a disaster! Ive already twisted my hair with some aloe vera gel so it appears pretty secure so im going to give it a try :)

OFF TO THE BSS! :charge:

super late update but it worked out nicely. here are some pics. i highly suggest to whoever tries this with flat twists to make sure and twist up with a gel and give it a chance to harden up overnight before crocheting because that is what will secure it. i used a combo of aloe vera gel and shescentit macadamia nut gel. i hope it holds up well :yawn:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20100417.jpg
    Snapshot_20100417.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Snapshot_20100417_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20100417_2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 52
Very cute! My crochet braids were always done with cornrows, with added hair to the cornrows. I never even thought to use flat twists. I can finally do my own crochet braids since I cannot cornrow my own hair at all.

Thanks everyone! As a reminder, use a gel to twist your hair and make sure it DRIES before crocheting! :)

Back