FLAT HELP TWISTS OUTS..gone SO WROOOOOOONGG!!

Casarela

Hi ladies,

I need some help, yesterday I put my hair in flat twists on semi-dry hair ( first time doing it) It looked quite decent. I applied cantu all over and this morning to my surprise my twist-out looked like sh*t! My hair looked like a swollen sponge ..any tips?

Flat twist-outs are my specialty!!! I find that you get the best definition from using gel, not butters or oils. I use Long Aid (Walmart), it give you moisture, a decent hold, and helps to weigh the hair down. I also make my flat twists medium-size, not to big, not to small.

Flat twist-outs are my specialty!!! I find that you get the best definition from using gel, not butters or oils. I use Long Aid (Walmart), it give you moisture, a decent hold, and helps to weigh the hair down. I also make my flat twists medium-size, not to big, not to small.

Thanks Ill try that next time with Sparklites !!! One more question, when you twist the hair do you twist each part on its own than wrap it around each other while you go along to pick more hair or you simply take 2 part wrap it around eachother and pick hair along until you reach your nape?

I start with two pieces of hair, then grab hair as I go down. Also, make sure you use enough hair gel on your hair. Use more than necessary, that's how you get the most definition.

I do about five or six flat twists on damp hair. Mine come out better when I make them tight...well not so tight that it hurts my scalp but tight enough to take the pattern that I want.

Also cosigning honeycomb. I use something like aloe vera gel..or KCCC. Sometimes, I'll use a light butter like shealoe and just a tad bit of jojoba or another light oil...but I like the hold the a.v.g/KCCC provide for me.

I never used gel in mine, just moisturizer. What I did was make sure I did them tight and i made sure they were fully dry when i took them out. The longer in the better defined...in my opinion. HTH

I never used gel in mine, just moisturizer. What I did was make sure I did them tight and i made sure they were fully dry when i took them out. The longer in the better defined...in my opinion. HTH

Same here. :yep: I will usually wear my flat twists as a style for at least a day (more if I'm being lazy :lol:). I guess that allows them to REALLY set. I may try to use gel with them. I've actually never done that before.

Back