First time Dusting my own ends

jainygirl

I usually let my sister or mom dust my ends for me, but tonight i was bored and decided to just try doing them myself. I remembered seeing pics or a thread here about twisting your hair and trimming it that way. I tried it and i know it's not noticible to anyone really but it came out really good and I like it
grin.gif
I only get my ends done every 6-8 months so hopefully i'll like doing them myself the next time also
smile.gif
Thanks for whoever posted this method for dusting your own ends. -- Jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
So, how did you do it? Do tell!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm terrible at directions, so i hope this helps
wink.gif

*First i parted my hair from forehead to my crown and divided my hair into three sections on each side of the part. i would take each individual section, twist my hair from root to tip, and when i got to the tip i would see what hairs stood out as too long from the rest and snipped.

*Then i would grab the next section and did the exact same thing. But when i finished trimming the second section, i untwisted the hair and twisted the first and second sections together and went ahead and snipped any strays. I continued doing this same thing with the third section by twisting and triming it by itself first, then untwisting it and twisting the hair from the second and third sections together and twisting any stray hairs that stuck out (This helped me to keep my hair even all the way around
smile.gif
) . I then moved on to the other side of my head and Repeated what i did on the first side.

*After that i combed all my hair toward the back and parted my hair horizontally so that i could now trim my hair this way also. I repeated the same process that i used up above by making seperate sections, twisting trimming, joining sections, trimming again and moving on to the next section.

*I parted my hair horizontally and would use a clip to secure my hair on top my head while i trimmed the rest, then when i finished with that level i would part my hair to work with the next level of hair until i had fished dusting all my ends.

*I liked this process, although it took me about 45 minutes i didnt mind it because i never felt like i was cutting too much hair or didnt know what i was doing. I felt in control the entire time and not intimidated at all
smile.gif
HTH -- jainygirl

I'm sitting at work looking at my ends thinking I may need to go try the same method.
ohwell.gif
I hope I don't mess up and end up having to cut more than I need to. I will be too mad if that happens.
cry3.gif
wallbash.gif

clap.gif

YAY JAINY! You're gonna get addicted too....cutting on your own is very liberating - even if it takes babysteps to get you comfy....

Back