Finally Started Trying Conditioner Washes

• Thread starter Thread starter ballet_bun
  • Start date Start date
B

ballet_bun

I don't know why it took me so long to ive this a try. My hair loves it actually. I have been using two different conditioners for my CO washes. My hair doesn't seem to be quite as dry now. Things are slowly improving.

It's officially been a month since my last relaxer. In some parts it looks like there's only been 1 inch of new growth, but in other spots there's 1 3/4 inches of new growth. This may be the result of my new supplement regimen and not the CO washes ... I don't know ...maybe both.

I tried the Giovanni Nutrifixx and moisture balancing conitioner ... I wasn't too impressed. It left my hair soft, but there seemed to be little chunks of conitioner in my hair, even after rinsing quite thoroughly in the shower. The Giovanni direct leave-in was ok. I don't know if I like it enough to add to my regimen.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Wow - congratulations on your new growth!

I haven't tried conditioner washes yet. I'm going to wait until I've settled into a good regime first, then I may try it.

TY Isis ... I have a regimen that is set ...basically. I just squeeze the CO washes in on Wednesdays.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Conditioner washes are just that...washing the hair with conditioner. Many conditioners have enough detergents in them to get the hair clean without stripping the hair like shampoo. This leaves the hair more moisturized. A clarifying shampoo should be used every so often to prevent shedding from product buildup. Check out this site for more info: http://motowngrl.8m.net/no_shampoo.htm

Since I'm a short haired natural, I no-poo daily and shampoo once a week b/c of my hot oil treatments. If I was permed, I would no-poo just whenever I would regularly shampoo. As my hair grows longer, I will probably no poo only once a week.

Back