FIGURED OUT THE KEY TO STEAMING

westNDNbeauty

So I created a thread some weeks ago about my steamer not seeming to do much for my hair.

I took a trip to Sally's today and bought some Hot Six oil. I gave myself a hot oil treatment and went under my steamer. After that I steamed again with mayo conditioner with that I added a little more oil to. I slathered that concoction on top of my already oil treated hair. I rinsed everything out after leaving it in for 2 hours.....

It's like butter!

I checked Huetiful's website and it seems their new conditioning products contain a good amount of OIL.

I say all this to say....OIL is the trick to steaming.

I still do think Overnight DC is the BEST Deep Conditioning of All Time!:grin:
Now I'm off to attempt braiding my hair in some Susan Taylor sized braids. :grin:

Yay! I'm glad you found what works for your hair! Did you ever try steaming on freshly cleaned hair and is the Mayo conditioner you use homemade or store bought? Thanks. :) Sorry for all the questions.

Yay! I'm glad you found what works for your hair! Did you ever try steaming on freshly cleaned hair and is the Mayo conditioner you use homemade or store bought? Thanks. :) Sorry for all the questions.

What do you mean steaming on freshly cleaned hair?

Do you mean not having any product on it? Because I shampooed prior to my oil treatment, so my hair was very clean.

Mayo was the ORS.

Hope that helps.

Sounds good OP. I have also started adding more oil to my steaming sessions. What I tried yesterday, was massage oil into my scalp, (applied with a syringe) sat under the steamer, let my hair cool, applied some water-based moisturizer and went to bed. Today my hair is soft and shinny. I think I am going to keep up with my midweek oil-massage steam sessions, in addition to my weekend DC steam sessions.

I find that if I can get out all of the excess water from my shampoo and apply the DC to my hair, the DC/steam works so much better, total winner!

that sounds like a hot oil treatment, which can be done with a hood dryer on wet hair or even in the shower. I'm over steaming. I plan on throwing my standing unit away to make more room in my apartment. If I want my hair steamed occasionally, I'll just do the towel method.

I'm sure your tip will help a lot of ladies. Huetiful must be making a killing off of all those youtubers they got to endorse their product.

What do you mean steaming on freshly cleaned hair?

Do you mean not having any product on it? Because I shampooed prior to my oil treatment, so my hair was very clean.

Mayo was the ORS.

Hope that helps.

Thank you this helps me. Yes I meant with no products on your hair. :)

So what kind of oils can be used for the hair? I'm thinking of using a tea tree oil/rosemary oil/jojoba oil combination along with my deep conditioner or one of the three.

Back