FHI Hot Sauce!!!

MariposaSexyGirl

I just bought a large bottle of Chi Silk Infisions because I needed a good heat protectant and I researched it and saw all the rave reviews. Had to get it. But I also ran into FHI Heat Hot Sauce. I love love love how the bottle looks. I kinda want to try this too. Does anyone think one is better than another?And does anyone have this?

FHI Heat Hot Sauce is moisture-based and will penetrate into the core of the hair to reconstruct and deeply condition the hair from the inside out. FHI Heat Hot Sauce has heat-activated jojoba crystals that dissolve and deeply penetrate into the hair, thus dramatically improving the quality, condition and texture of the hair. With regular use of the FHI Hot Sauce, dry hair will be moisturized, and dry hair will be restored.

I opened this thread hoping you could tell me about this product. I see it all the time at my local BSS and have picked it up a few times. It sounds promising. So it is heat-activated?

I gave up direct heat months ago. Lawd knows I love me some direct heat. I have to will myself not to use it everyday.

January Noir raved about this at one point, but I am not sure she is still using it. She said her hair was "swangin" (her exact words. :))

Out of the 2, I prefer the CHI. Only because I like my creamy leave-in topped off with a silicone based heat protectant. The FHI is creamy on its on and my leave in would be too much.

But, alone it works well. My hair turned out well and looked so good.

I opened this thread hoping you could tell me about this product. I see it all the time at my local BSS and have picked it up a few times. It sounds promising. So it is heat-activated?

I gave up direct heat months ago. Lawd knows I love me some direct heat. I have to will myself not to use it everyday.

I try to stay away from it too! But when I do want to flat iron it which is probably 2x a month now I want it to benifit from the heat and be protected. And I bought the Chi slik infusion because they said it was good for you hair and it over time restores the damage(is there any proof to this? Have you guys heard anyone say that it does this? I seen a few reviews on folica that said that about silk infusions.Oh what was I gonna ask you..........................................Oh how much was it at the BBS?

January Noir raved about this at one point, but I am not sure she is still using it. She said her hair was "swangin" (her exact words. :))

Out of the 2, I prefer the CHI. Only because I like my creamy leave-in topped off with a silicone based heat protectant. The FHI is creamy on its on and my leave in would be too much.

But, alone it works well. My hair turned out well and looked so good.

Thats good.What does it smell like..or does it have a smell? Does it help with detangling and shine?

I try to stay away from it too! But when I do want to flat iron it which is probably 2x a month now I want it to benifit from the heat and be protected. And I bought the Chi slik infusion because they said it was good for you hair and it over time restores the damage(is there any proof to this? Have you guys heard anyone say that it does this? I seen a few reviews on folica that said that about silk infusions.Oh what was I gonna ask you..........................................Oh how much was it at the BBS?[/quote]

I want to say it was kind of expensive. Like anywhere between 15 and 20 bucks. They didn't even have it by the other products. It was located by the FHI irons.

I try to stay away from it too! But when I do want to flat iron it which is probably 2x a month now I want it to benifit from the heat and be protected. And I bought the Chi slik infusion because they said it was good for you hair and it over time restores the damage(is there any proof to this? Have you guys heard anyone say that it does this? I seen a few reviews on folica that said that about silk infusions.Oh what was I gonna ask you..........................................Oh how much was it at the BBS?[/quote]

I want to say it was kind of expensive. Like anywhere between 15 and 20 bucks. They didn't even have it by the other products. It was located by the FHI irons.

Well if I ever go get it won't be getting it from there. I got the big bottle of chi for 26 online.

I have tried both products and I must say Chi slik infusion worked better for me. The hot sauce is creamy and weighed my hair down. With just a little bit of silk infusion my hair is shiny, silky, bouncy, and moisturized. I've only tried the hot sauce once. I plan on giving it another chance.

I have tried both products and I must say Chi slik infusion worked better for me. The hot sauce is creamy and weighed my hair down. With just a little bit of silk infusion my hair is shiny, silky, bouncy, and moisturized. I've only tried the hot sauce once. I plan on giving it another chance.

You getting me excited to get my infusion.Everyone says that about it.

You getting me excited to get my infusion.Everyone says that about it.

Girl I love it! I felt like I had dog fur when I first used it. Like Lhapso Apso hair..
crufts-Bis-utility-BOG-3b.jpg
not the best picture but you get my drift I hope, lol.

Girl I love it! I felt like I had dog fur when I first used it. Like Lhapso Apso hair..
crufts-Bis-utility-BOG-3b.jpg
not the best picture but you get my drift I hope, lol.

:lachen:you crazy. I love those dogs I wish I had one so I could do it's hair. But I get what your saying. How when the dog walks it's hair blows in the wind and bounces and glistens.

Thats good.What does it smell like..or does it have a smell? Does it help with detangling and shine?

It has an oil smell to it - not perfumey at all. I cannot say much about detangling, though. I had already done that with Fermodyl before applying the Hot Sauce. Good for shine and moisture, though.

Honestly I was just about to do a thread to ask the ladies about the Hot Sauce & then I saw this one & I, too, came here looking for some reviews. When I did my BC, the salon where I purchased my 1st products from carried this. I asked about it & basically this was the spill that I was given:

FHI Heat Hot Sauce has heat-activated jojoba crystals that dissolve and deeply penetrate the hair, thus dramatically improving the quality, condition and texture of the hair.

I plan to purchase a Maxi Glide before Christmas & do my 1st straightening for the holidays & I'm looking for the best protectant.

I was turned onto this product by my old stylist in Atlanta and I've been using it since then. I really love it, its a great heat protectant and moisturizer. Its light and leaves your hair with that "swing" and doesn't weigh your hair down.

One of my favorite products - I highly recommend it.

I got a bottle of Hot Sauce with my FHI Runway. I like it but fortunately (I guess) I learned how to do rollerwraps right after I bought that expensive thing and now I only use it for touch ups on my roots maybe once a month. :ohwell:

I'm waiting for someone who has been using it long enough who can tell the difference in their hair and all that good stuff.

I used it long enough to finish a bottle - about a month or so.

It was fine for my hair - no fireworks. I mean there were no negative effects. I don't really suffer from dryness anyway, so I can't say if it helps people with that, but it really was fine for me. I just did not fall in love with it enough to repurchase. But, again I think I prefer to use a creamy leave-in and then my serum, not a products that doubles as both like the Hot Sauce.

Back