few questions about extentions

atlantatiffany

i don't know anything about weave or extentions, but i really want to get some extentions like halle's curly hair. can anyone give me tips on how to keep the style nice and fresh? also how long can u have the style and what is a good brand of hair? thanks in advance, tiff

I just got my weave this weekend. I use Beverly Johnson water wet wave hair. I got 14'. It usually last about 6-8 weeks. I know you could probably keep it in longer, but I Like to take it out to deep condition. This brand of hair is reuseable. whe I take it out I put deep cond in it and rinse out. To keep the hair looking nice I use lotta body setting loition and pink oil moisturier(sp). I only use the pink on the fake hair and not mine. It does not agree with my hair at all. I'll have pics up next week.

Vet27

Yvette

1 get human hair
2 get a brush with the plastic bristles with the round tips
3 always brush it wet
4 apply gel/mouse/your choice of products on wet hair
5 spray the nape of the weave with hairspray so it doesn't bunch up
I have a wig similar to her weave but it is more wavy than curly and this wig still looks good after about 3yrs IMO.

Did you ever get your weave? How did it turn out? I'm thinking about getting some wavy weave myself. Update please! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just got my hair weaved last night, after a self inflicted hair-cut disaster with my braids. I used curly human hair weave and it came out great. I just use water and some styling gel to keep the weave fresh. From what I've learned from having weaves in the past, the more products you use in the hair, the more messed up it will get. I'll be posting pics. of my new do this weekend...stay tuned!

I use Pantene conditioner to detangle weave hair, always while in the shower. I rinse most of it out but leave a little in, then use elasta feels like silk. It keeps the curls looking fresh.

Back