Fermodyl 619

Tee

Hi ladies. I have seen many post on the Fermodyl 619 giving it rave reviews. I know this is one of HoneyDew favorite products and I wanted to hear from all who have used it.

1. Are you using Fermodyl 619? When I went in Sally's I didn't know they had other numbers for this products so I just read them all and picked up the 619.
  2. If not #619 which number do you use and why?
  3. How did you use the product?
  4. How often would you think this product is needed?
  5. Can this be found in a BSS?
  6. Would you repurchase this item again?
  7. On a scale from 1-5, what would you give this product?
TIA

Info you might find useful about a few of the formulas.

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-07 Extra Strength(For Fine, Limp, Processed Hair)

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-07 Extra Strength(For Fine, Limp, Processed Hair),Contains molecules that interact and bond with the hair, treating it from the inside out, improves quality and shine. Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing. 07 treatment for fine, limp, virgin hair, imparts volume and shine.

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-233(For Double Processed Hair)

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-233(For Double Processed Hair),Contains molecules that interact and bond with the hair, treating it from the inside out, improves quality and shine. Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing. 0233 good for double processed hair, treats and conditions, improves porosity.

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-619(For Curly And Coarse Hair)

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-619(For Curly And Coarse Hair),Contains molecules that interact and bond with the hair, treating it from the inside out, improves quality and shine. Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing. 0619, good for curly, coarse, chemically relaxed hair. Corrects porosity, strengthens, moisturizes and detangles

Last edited:
I used to use this 20 or more yrs ago...I know I'm dating myself...my hair was nice and strong! I used it twice a month. I'm curious to hear what others say...

BTW...your a beautiful young lady!

Pixel Lady said:
I used to use this 20 or more yrs ago...I know I'm dating myself...my hair was nice and strong! I used it twice a month. I'm curious to hear what others say...

BTW...your a beautiful young lady!

Thanks Pixel Lady. I have been seeing HITS on this product lately on the hit and miss thread. I picked up some today from all the good reviews.

*So you started using it when you tot right Pixel Lady.;) Thanks for the review*

:D :D I know you want answers from others, but I just had to drop in!

Are you using Fermodyl 619? YES!!

If not #619 which number do you use and why?
I also like 233, but it is not as moisturizing. It has protein, though. I don't like 619 extra strength. The 07 Special on is alright, too. But, I am hooked on the 619

How did you use the product?
I put it on my towel dried hair before I apply a creamy leave in. It makes it easier to apply and my hair ends up being easier to style.

How often would you think this product is needed?
It is a staple for me so I use it with every shampoo. But, I am sure it does not have to be used that much.

Can this be found in a BSS? Yes, but it can get expensive. I admit they are not cheap. The Sally's near me sells them and I see them at all the Asian BSS. One of them near me sells single ampoules out of the dozen box.

Would you repurchase this item again?
YES!!!

On a scale from 1-5, what would you give this product?

HoneyDew said:
:D :D I know you want answers from others, but I just had to drop in!

I also like 233, but it is not as moisturizing. It has protein, though. I don't like 619 extra strength. The 07 Special on is alright, too. But, I am hooked on the 619

I put it on my towel dried hair before I apply a creamy leave in. It makes it easier to apply and my hair ends up being easier to style.

It is a staple for me so I use it with every shampoo. But, I am sure it does not have to be used that much.

Can this be found in a BSS? Yes, but it can get expensive. I admit they are not cheap. The Sally's near me sells them and I see them at all the Asian BSS. One of them near me sells single ampoules out of the dozen box.

YES!!!

HoneyDew you know I thought about that after I hit "submit reply" I am sorry. I didnt mean I didnt want you to answer. I was going to send you a PM but I thought we all couldn't benefit from the info. (for those curious like me anyway) Thanks Thanks.

You know I lol at your rating of 12. I really did.
*I paid 2.59 for one at Sally's.* Is that a good price?

Last edited:
Letitia said:
HoneyDew you know I thought about that after I hit "submit reply" I am sorry. I didnt mean I didnt want you to answer. I was going to send you a PM but I thought we all couldn't benefit from the info. (for those curious like me anyway) Thanks Thanks.

You know I lol at your rating of 12. I really did.
*I paid 2.59 for one at Sally's.* Is that a good price?

That is the average price, but when you use them as much as I do, that can be too much. I wish that I could find something cheaper of the same quality, but I have tried it all.

I buy them by the dozen and I buy enough boxes so I can get free shipping. :sekret:

I also love the 07 formula, Extra Strength for Fine hair. I will switch up as needed every other week.

I add prior to my leave-in mixture. It really does nicely in terms of detangling and I don't get too frustrated.

I think I'm going to switch between 619 and 07 formulas after every wash on my Sunday wash days.

Can this be found in a BSS? I picked up a few from my local BSS. Honestly I found Sally's to be a bit more expensive than other BSS's in my area. The least I paid for it was $2.39. I picked up 4 vials to last me for a month or so. It's well worth the price. Thanks again, HoneyDew! :kiss:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!:)

15!!!:lol:

HoneyDew said:
That is the average price, but when you use them as much as I do, that can be too much. I wish that I could find something cheaper of the same quality, but I have tried it all.

I buy them by the dozen and I buy enough boxes so I can get free shipping. :sekret:

I might have to use your link too. I will try it out this weekend to give it a trial run. I can't wait.

Serenity_Peace said:

15!!!:lol:

Thanks for your review Serenity_Peace. Yes, I lol at the 15 too! See why I was in Sally's today looking for this.

sholly6 said:
bump bump bump so is it a leave in moisturizer?

HoneyDew will come back in a minute. She will not leave us hanging.:)

My packet reads leave in conditioner.

sholly6 said:
bump bump bump so is it a leave in moisturizer?

Serenity_Peace, really explained it well. It is good for detangling prior to creamy leave-ins or alone if you are a liquid leave-in person. It just makes the creamy leave-in easier to apply and for me, the 619 helps me in the moisture department. When I try to skip it, I can tell. My hair just does not feel the same. I airdry and without it, my hair just does not airdry as softly.

This chart really helps explaining which formula (number) does what.
Thanks HoneyDew. Got this off your link.

3c44e7c2-65bf-d230-4f63-e0d45561ebc1.jpg

HoneyDew said:
Now that I have read the chart I understand exactly what you mean about 619 extra strength and 619. I picked up the extra strength today. I will go back and look for the regular 619 tomorrow. TY

Are you using Fermodyl 619?
Yes, but I have also used the 07 formula. I liked it but the 619 is the truth.

How did you use this product?
I use it after my weekly deep conditioning wash, before my main leave-in. It is a great moisturizer and detangler for me.

I will probably use it every week for right now. I just had a touch-up and my hair is a little dryer than normal. If it gets to be too much, I'll cut back to every other week.

Can this be found in a BSS?
I got mine in my BSS for 2.49 a tube. I am going to click Honeydew's link and get that multipack for 18.99 this week. (Thanks, Honeydew!!)

Yes I will repurchase, again and again.

I rate it a 10!

First, Thanks to Honeydew for reminding me about Fermodyl :D . I used it for always when coming up and taking care of my hair...I fall off the hair care band wagon and always jump on again and somehow remember my fermodyl. Honeydew's siggy pic was my "aha!" moment for the umphteenth time of how great fermodyl is.

1. Are you using Fermodyl 619? Yes I am using 619 and I think it's great. Infusium does not work well for me, i dont think
  2. If not #619 which number do you use and why? I use 619 now...when I had color streaks I used the one for double processed hair.
  3. How did you use the product? After (deep) conditioning, I apply to towel dried hair then go to setting lotion/mousse.
  4. How often would you think this product is needed? I think every wash would be fine or maybe twice a month would be just as effective
  5. Can this be found in a BSS? Yes
  6. Would you repurchase this item again? Definitely
  7. On a scale from 1-5, what would you give this product? 5 and i hope i never let it slip my mind again

OK see-

Now y'all got me thinkin' 'bout orderin' this too!

STOP IT!!!!

Seriously, I too used it 'back in the day', but I used it 'cuz my mom used it, so I never knew what it did to the hair EXACTLY.

But reading this now, maybe I should revisit this as the 'grown & sex-ay' adult I'm iz & see what the hub-bub is about!

You know I trust y'all to the hilt!

When I do, I'll use HoneyDo's link.

I wanna get that 1 dozen because $18.99 is not bad. If I spent $2.39 per vial, that's over $24.00 for the dozen. However, I wish they allowed one to choose more than one formula. I'd do 1/2 of Formula 619 and 1/2 of Formula 07.;)

Thanks again, HoneyDew and Letitia, you're too sweet. :kiss:

1) Are you using Fermodyl 619? Yes. The regular one.
2) If not #619 which number do you use and why?
3) How did you use the product? Put it on towel dried hair after my deep conditioner
4) How often would you think this product is needed? Once a week w/every wash
5) Can this be found in a BSS? I got mine from a Beauty Supply in BK for $23-no tax (12 vials)
6) Would you repurchase this item again? Yes
7) On a scale from 1-5, what would you give this product? not really sure yet, going to use it a few more times and see. For my first experience I would rate it a 10 b/c my hair is hard to detangle and the dominican ladies at my salon weren't cursing me out in Spanish this time around...:lol:

• Brownie, SmartAlex, and Ghanaiam Dime. Thanks for the reviews ladies.
  • AKA-Tude....giggling at 'Grown N Sex-ay'
  • Patiecevirture......No cones.
  • Serenity_Peace....If I like it, I will get the dozen also. I have problems with tangles once I get past 8 weeks.

HoneyDew said:
Here is a fun site:

http://www.rouxbluebar.com/

:) I am not sure if they are still doing it, but last winter I was surprised to get a free ROUX tank top and a nice full color salon style book about ROUX products.

That is cool. I did take back the 619 Extra Strength for the regular 619.

imstush said:
Is one vial big enough to use...or does anyone have to use two?

The lady at Sallys said one will do for my hair. They seem as if they are big enough for one to do the job. From what I am reading, the ladies are using one vial a week also.

imstush said:
Is one vial big enough to use...or does anyone have to use two?

I notice that when I haev more NG, I use 1.5 vials. 2 almost seems to much because it starts dripping.

Ideally for me, my hair should soak it up. But, when I am freshly relaxed, I notice that I get more dripping.

The key it to massage it in just as the directions say. If you do that, you get more of it to your ends.

But, anyway, even with my regular massaging, I need more when I get to 4 weeks post and beyond.

I started to just massage the one in and then if I needed more saturation use another leave in. That got old and I just started using 1/2 of another vial.

Letitia said:
The lady at Sallys said one will do for my hair. They seem as if they are big enough for one to do the job. From what I am reading, the ladies are using one vial a week also.

HoneyDew said:
I notice that when I haev more NG, I use 1.5 vials. 2 almost seems to much because it starts dripping.

Ideally for me, my hair should soak it up. But, when I am freshly relaxed, I notice that I get more dripping.

The key it to massage it in just as the directions say. If you do that, you get more of it to your ends.

But, anyway, even with my regular massaging, I need more when I get to 4 weeks post and beyond.

I started to just massage the one in and then if I needed more saturation use another leave in. That got old and I just started using 1/2 of another vial.

Ok thank you both.:) I will pick up two just in case.

Yes, I love to use the 619 too. It smooths the hair cuticle and makes detangling easier. I dont use them all the time because I have a problem with sticking with what works. I plan on buy some from Sally's but I have seen them sold I'm BSS stores.

Back