Fekkai users check in: I've got a question!

Luscious Locks

Hello Fekkai users-- and those interested in Fekkai products.

I just discovered that Target is selling Frederic Fekkai products as a buy one get on special. I think they are experimenting to see what the target customer base's interest is in high end products. Other brand that's I've noticed on Target shelves in my area are:

Kimble
Ted Gibson
Mizani
Sebastian

My question to Fekkai users is whether or not anyone does co washing with his conditioners? As follows, how did it work out for you? More specifically have any of you guys tried the Technician line of products. I was thinking of getting this.

I got a sample of the Protein Rx conditioner from B7B works and it was incredible. Slip.... Smooth.... Shiny hair. I'm into it. I was thinking of sticking with Fekkai for a while if I could just confirm if his Technician Line or Shea Butter line is moisturizing enough. I thought Phyto products would be the be all end all for me, but they did NOT satisfy my 9 weeks post hair.

Please hurry because I've been seeing his products everywhere for half price, and I want to jump on it.

TIA

Last edited:
i love target! i splurged on a 2 pack of 8 oz bottles of fekkai glossing conditioner 3 weeks ago, $19 bucks wasn't too bad :grin:

performance wise, i'm not sold yet. even if i leave it in for just a minute, it leaves a pleasant smell on my hair. but my hair hasn't looked any glossier than usual, and moisture wise, it was meh. but i've only used it 2x so far, as a rinse out. i'll try it with heat first before i give a final verdict.

I saw it in the Target over here..but the price drove me off. I just couldn't picture myself spending 20 on a bottle of miracles that may just flop.

Hey LL: Yes, I have the Shea Butter Hair Masque (which I Steam & Totally Love) the Glossing Creme (which I also totally love:cloud9:)

and the Repairative RX Treatment Masque (which I haven't used yet), but heard Great things about, which made me give up the $30 bucks to try.:rolleyes:

Personally, I really like the First two I mentioned and have purchased both items twice (which is definitely a rarity for me)

I am such a PW:blush: (and cannot be "true" to one full line):giggle:

But I've liked both of these enough to purchase them one than once and for me..............that's saying something.:yep:

thanks, ID. Is the Shea Butter mask really hydrating? I need massive and long lasting moisture in my life.

bumping. of all the conditioner loving women up in this board, have no others tried Fekkai products.

Fekkai has become to silicone-y for my liking. I only use their styling products. Now that I have a full Phyto Index II head, with no more "relaxed" strands, I have found that I don't need protein that much (unless I decide to strengthen hair before heat styling), so I never picked up the protein Rx.

What still holds true for "massive and long lasting moisture:
CON
Kenra MC Conditioner
AU Honeysuckle Rose
Giovanni Direct Deeper Moisture

POO
CON Green/Red Shampoo
Phytojoba Shampoo is really good too.

The Fekkai styling products I use are:

Glossing Mist
http://www.fekkai.com/products/glossing/sheer-shine-mist

Glossing Cream
http://www.fekkai.com/products/glossing/glossing-cream

Coiff Ultra LIght Finishing Creme
http://www.fekkai.com/products/coiff/coiff-magnifique-ultra-light-finishing-creme

Sheer Hold Hairspray
http://www.fekkai.com/products/coiff/hairspray

These have helped me keep really pretty updos and styles with no negative effects.

Last edited:
I've co-washed with the Shea Butter condish. I'm planning to do it in the morning actually. It's really very good and moisturising. My Fekkai stash has grown! :blush:

thanks, ID. Is the Shea Butter mask really hydrating? I need massive and long lasting moisture in my life.quote]

Trust me, I wouldn't have "re-purchased" this product, if I didn't see any positive results. I am All About Buying "Results Driven Products" and as you know, it is not "Cheap":look:

However, I use it with "Steam" and it has been my experience: "Everything" works better with Steam.

My Suggestion: "If you need Massive and Long Lasting Moisture in Your Life" (as you put it) Invest in A Steamer.:grin: And Give Your Products another try.

You won't be disappointed and your products will perform 100% Better.:yep:

thanks, ID. Is the Shea Butter mask really hydrating? I need massive and long lasting moisture in my life.

Trust me, I wouldn't have "re-purchased" this product, if I didn't see any positive results. I am All About Buying "Results Driven Products" and as you know, it is not "Cheap":look:

However, I use it with "Steam" and it has been my experience: "Everything" works better with Steam.

My Suggestion: "If you need Massive and Long Lasting Moisture in Your Life" (as you put it) Invest in A Steamer.:grin: And Give Your Products another try.

*Double Post*

Fekkai is amazing! i have only tried the Glossing line, and it worked great for me. I want to try the Technician products though. i think you should go ahead and give them a try. i don't know if i could cowash with the products though, because its expensive.

Thanks everyone! I got some technician conditioner and loved it, and although it's not as thick as the protein rx one it was will very moisturizing. long lastingly so.

i'm tempted to try the shea butter one as well. every ff product has been a smash hit so far. they are weightless, but still my hair dries downward as if they've been saturated with moisture. my hair wasn't coated at all.

lovie, i always appreciate your insight because you take the time to evaluate several aspects of the product. i don't mind the cones as they are the lighter more less harmful kinds like cyclopentasiloxane and dimethiconol. These dissolve well with non sulfate shampoos and evaporate respectively.

I've co-washed with the Shea Butter condish. I'm planning to do it in the morning actually. It's really very good and moisturising. My Fekkai stash has grown! :blush:

For those interested in picking it up, I have seen the FF Shea Butter conditioner & shampoo in TJ Maxx for like $4.99.

thanks, ID. Is the Shea Butter mask really hydrating? I need massive and long lasting moisture in my life.quote]

co-signing on steamer.

i love the shea butter conditioner, not the mask. i used it as an overnight treat and a co wash and it instantly softens my hair.
i want the protein mask sooo bad but dont wanna spend that much money. i will though one day because it keeps calling me.

so far, i tried federic's:

shea butter line - i liked the poo better than the conditioner/deep treatment mask

protein rx leave in nightly spray - i likes! use it after every wash.

in stock but not tried yet:

glossing line (green)

Back