February 2005 Hits and Misses

LABETT

I have been good and have not bought any new products still shopping in bathroom cabinet.

Hits
Alterego Hot Oil Garlic Treatment
Deep Brilliance Glisten Hair Polish
African Pride Braid Spray
Cornrow Magic Braid Creme

Jury Still Out
Deep Brilliance Support Styling Lotion

Misses
Sebastian Colorshines Black Orchid-too messy hair was blue for days-had to wash daily to get blue stain out

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: February Hits and Misses

Mane and Tail Strengthener (daily Leave in)
Castor oil/WGO/jojoba/aloe vera gel mixture
Surge (I know I'm late)
Nioxin Silk Elixir (sshh, don't tell nobody :lol: )

I haven't tried anything new yet. I'm still waiting on my Nacidit Coconut Oil Mask from Sickbay.biz and Banana Coconut Hair Oil from My HoneyChild. I'll be back once I've tried them.

Hits
Keracare Humecto
Phyto (tentative)

Misses
Surge on length of the hair! Be warned! Tangles galore! Breakage! Still good on scalp tho'.
Elasta QP Recovery

Hit: Honey hair soy hair milk ( A Myhoneychild.com product)...

I just tried it today. It added a lot of moisture to my hair, defined the texture in my new growth, and it smells really nice - like a dessert made with honey.

No misses yet

Hit:

Silk Elements Revive & Restore Hair Mayonnaise

I applied this and left it on overnight with a plastic cap on it. I repeated this process for 7 days straight. The shine on my hair is incredible! My hair is very pliable and elastic. I needed a deep conditioner to go with my Elucence.

Jury still out:

Dr. Miracle's Damaged Hair Medicated Treatment. It feels great on my scalp but I can't see where it really did much for my hair.

Last edited:

HIT:

Elucence Silk Elixir - maaaaaaannnnn, why y'all didn't tell me about this stuff!
Pantene Light Spray Conditioner - I usually HATE Pantene products, but this stuff detangles new growth really well and it is not heavy or too drippy (is that a word?)

REVISITED HIT:

Elasta QP Recovery

MISSES:

None

Hits:

Luster's pink Revitalex conditioner
Hollywood Beauty Olive oil cholesterol
aussie dew plex leave-in/styling gel
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo
vitale mo' body essential oil blend
surge moisture aide

Misses:

Oragnics carrot-tea tree oil... leaves me with dry hair

surge 14- used to make my hair grow faster, but it hasn't been increasing my growth rate for the past few months. Maybe I need a break from it.

Hits:
Surge 14
Surge Woojee Cream
Nexxus Biotin Creme

Misses:
None this month

Hey Angel, where'd yoo purchase Silk Elements Revive and Restore mayonaise. Sounds like sumthing i'd like to try,(but ofcourse i would I'm such a PJ).

HITS:
DevaCurl No Poo
DevaCurl One Condition
CHS Curl Keeper.. awesome for frizz!
Curls Essential Element, Revival and Enhancer.. liked it alot.. used them all together.. not sure if they would be good by themselves.. but it gave me nice soft hair..defined curls, alot less frizz and smells nice!
Oyin Greg Juice
Oyin Whipped Pudding
Oyin Shine and Define.. for my hair..these need alot of time to sink in because of all my scab hair..but it makes my hair nice and soft.. I got these..twice..:lol: in a swap.. get this..I got the Greg Juice, big size of the Whipped Pudding and big size of the Shine and Define for the equivalent of $15..she used it like once.. what a deal eh?!!!!!:D

I think that's all I've tried so far.. stay tuned for more to come..:lol: :lol:

Hits:
Nexxus Therapee Moisturizing Shampoo
Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner (as a leave-in)
NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask
MNT Daily Barrier Protection Treatment

Misses:
Daily Defense Tender Apple Conditioner (didn't make any diff.)

Jury still out:
Scurl No Drip Moisturizer (for new growth)

Last edited:

Hits:
NTM Healing Shine Serum
NTM Daily Deep Conditioner

Jury Still Out:
NTM Hair Mask (I have yet to try it)
FHI flat iron (I just didn't have the awesome results I expected)

Misses:
Currently, none

HITS
mane and tail
-original shampoo and conditioner
-daily leave in hair strengther
-heat protectant (smelly though)
nexxus
-humctress
-keraphix
ntm
-deep recovery mask (a+!!!!!)
rusk leave-in
john frieda extra strength serum
ion heat protectant
wgo
ors olive oil
softee coconut oil
MISSES
anything carols daughter
anything by bumble and bumble
anything by design essentials
surge (makes my hair too dry even after i use oil!)
mane and tail detangler (makes hair a little crunchy)
....thats all i can think of right now

Yes, i tried all this stuff this month!!!! Signs of a true PJ! ;)

Last edited:

Hits - Clairol Vitapointe (oldy, but goody).

Misses - None

Last edited:

hits:
salerm 21 (finally tried it)
curly pudding (still experimenting with application, looking good so far)

no misses!

hits:

curly buttercreme (by miss jessie)--i use it daily to hydrate my hair when its fully airdried not to attain curls...it works very well for me but that peppermint needs to be thrown out the mix lol...i like this thick stuff alot :)

suave milk and honey conditioner-protein and deep conditioning
suave coconut conditioner-protien and deep conditioning

white rain jasmin conditioner--used as a leave in...i like it most because it doesnt take forever to dry...works great on my son's 3b hair for leave in...less tangles and less frizz for both of us
spectrum's organic coconut oil--used in a rosemary spritz i concocted...i dont smell any coconut but its cool...maybe my nose it broke lol.it works fine

peppermint eo--the stank is out this world and makes me want to hurl...im putting this in the hits box cuz it works but i think it may be givin me a rash or maybe i put in too much

revisited--
let's jam extreme hold gel--ok last mth i was being a genius and tryna use it on wet hair...so now i let my hair fully dry and slap it on..it takes a lot and i go thru a jar in a few days juss for the front of my head...but now its a keeper

rosemary eo--still does the job...partnered with safflower and coconut oil and some purified water and peppermint eo

purchased but not used yet--
suave green apple conditioner
shea butter with chocolate and cocoa--i didnt buy this concoction on purpose i wanted plain shea butter but got shipped this i think cuz she was forever late in sending it off...i'll keep it tho
black soap with some chocolate--smells like my other black soap so i'll keep it too came from the same joint as the shea butter... www.everydayhenna.com but purchased thru amazon

jury's still out

white rain citrus--i only used it once but it was aight

smooth n shine gel--bought cuz the rest of the let's jam on the shelf looked different colors and textures so i didnt want to chance it..it seems pretty good

curly pudding (by miss jessie)--it took a whole lot of product to make my hair shrink less..then it became crunchy unlike the label says and gooey at the same time...i have half a jar left and will pull it out later on in the year....it didnt take forever to dry for me like most says it does....i have given up on curl defining products...they juss wont work for me...shrinkage will win everytime i believe cuz i condition alot and its super elastic

honeydrop215 said:
Hit:
  • Vitapointe
After seeing your post, I had to edit my post up above. I purchased some when I went to Sally Beauty Supply a couple of weeks ago. I used it back then, and I'm glad I still like the way it does my hair.

HITS:

Daily Defense Tender Apple Poo(Going back for the con)
Aussie Moist Con(wonderful! I'm loving Aussie stuff)
Proclaim Carrot Creme
ORS Olive Oil Sheen(I'm late on this. FINALLY one that won't make your head itch)
Redken Heat Glide(hair stays in place ALL day. I have yet to use the Butter Treat)
Suave Awapuhi(sp?) Con

AND.....

:up: Pantene Light Spray Conditioner(Detangler). I WILL NEVER comb thru my hair again without using this first! It doesn't just give slip, it gives GLIDE!! I'm LOVING it!! I'm looking for a JUG of this so I won't run out!!

MISSES:

None yet

Last edited:

kombov_dymond said:
HITS:

:up: Pantene Light Spray Conditioner(Detangler). I WILL NEVER comb thru my hair again without using this first! It doesn't just give slip, it gives GLIDE!! I'm LOVING it!! I'm looking for a JUG of this so I won't run out!!
I love this stuff.

HITS:
  • Pure coconut oil on new growth (revisited)
  • Giovanni direct leave in (revisited from years ago)
  • Wheat germ oil (added to my pre shampoo treatment)
  • Scrunchi elastic bands (the ones with no metal parts)
  • Ion Heat Protectant Spray
  • Maxiglide by Maxus (see review)
MISSES:
  • Hollywood Olive Oil Cream (too greasy, weird consistancy)

Last edited:

Hits: Terax Crema Deep Conditioner

Miss: Mane n' Tail Conditioner. Left a huge clump of hair in my tub!:cry: :censored: :whyme:

Last edited:

Yay Im happy the Noxin Smoothing Silk Elixir has been a hit for you ladies!

Wow, I didn't buy anything! :weird: But I am itching to try the L'Oreal Natures Therapy Naturals and Relaxed Deep Conditioner (4oz jar) because I have this $1.00 off coupon from Sally's. And I still want to try MNT Original Conditioner.

Yes, the PJ in me still exist and I won't try to supress it.

Hits:
Rusk sheer brillance polisher
Motions Silk Protein
Design essential botanical oil
Elucence Silk Elixir
Elucence Serious Shining spray
Softee Castor oil

Jury still out:
Fantasia Aloe leave in
Motions CPR leave in
Doo Gro Medicated Triple Strength hair revitalizer