Faux(hair) Pas

FollicleFanatic

Hey ladies have you ever had a funny or embarrassing moment while wearing an addition to your own natural hair?

This can be any kind of extension be it a wig, weave, ponytail, etc. Natural, relaxed and everyone in between please share your stories!

I've got one:

I was wearing crochet braids at this night club/lounge where an artist I had a huge crush on was performing.

I was by myself leaning on a wall with a drink in my hand when I noticed he was starting dead at me. He had them hungry eyes y'all. So I gave him a seductive look and decided to be bold and walk over to him.

As I moved from the wall my hair got caught so I just stopped in my tracks and slowly touched my hair like I was playing in it. The wall was brick and my ish was stuck. I played it cool and didn't break eye contact so he never knew anything was amiss..

No love connection though, I got p-blocked.

I was in dance class wearing a phony-pony, I thought I pinned that ish down as secure as possible. Got into the class, doing some hip hop and at some point we shifted our heads back and that phony-pony shifted right off my relaxed pony beneath. There was someone standing right behind me when it happened too. I picked that thing up and smacked it back on like nothing happened.

I love stories when you can laugh at yourself!

I had my curly half wig on and looking fantastic. It was raining so I had my umbrella up. When I got to the car I tried to put the umbrella down, ...Opps! My hair was caught in my half wig. It was a busy parking lot and my hair was caught, I tried to play it off by getting into the car as much as possible knowing my hair was still inside the umbrella. Hollering and dying of laughter when I had to pull off with my hair caught up in the umbrella Until I could stop and get my hair out to attach it back on my head before I got out.

LOL!

When I was at a restaurant years ago, my extension braid fell in the middle of a white huge floor. Everyone knew it was me I was the only one wearing braids.

Also at an airport I got lazy and threw a bang piece with a hat ontop of my uncombed natural hair when I was traveling. The airport people told me to take the entire hat off and that was so embarrassing.

Best,
Almond Eyes

When I was at a restaurant years ago, my extension braid fell in the middle of a white huge floor. Everyone knew it was me I was the only one wearing braids.

Also at an airport I got lazy and threw a bang piece with a hat ontop of my uncombed natural hair when I was traveling. The airport people told me to take the entire hat off and that was so embarrassing.

Best,
Almond Eyes

:lachen:

My phony bun ponytail holder fell off at work and one of my co-workers called me on the walkie talkie. When I walked in the kitchen she was holding it and asked "Is this yours?" I haven't worn it since then.

Once my wrap around pony unravelled as I was visiting a college campus. I thought I was cute until I felt something on my back. It was the tracks dangling down. I still can't believe no one said anything!

Hilarious! I had on a half wig (my hair in corn rolls underneath) and was waiting for the bus. The bus came and I ran for it, then out of no where a lady called my attention to my half wig laying on the ground. I was so embarrassed. I picked the wig up and didn't get on the bus out of embarrassment. I had to wait 20 minutes for another bus. So yeah, a very embarrassing moment.

Back