"Extend-A-Perm"... New! New! Have you tried it?

kitchen_tician

\"Extend-A-Perm\"... New! New! Have you tried it?

Extend-A-Perm by Soft and Beautiful.

It’s spankin' brand new, but I’ve seen it in Walmart and picked up a pamphlet for it. I can’t find any info/pics on the internet about it, so I just typed out the following. I've never tried it.

<font color="blue"> What is Extend-A-Perm? </font>
It is the first Thermal Straightening Kit. This 3 step system is designed to work with any chemical relaxer to keep hair looking straight until the next relaxer treatment. (Shampoo, Conditioner, Thermal Straightening Lotion)

<font color="blue"> When to use? </font>
Use whenever there’s a need to control unsightly and unruly newgrowth. This is used in-between chemical relaxing and does not replace a chemical relaxer.

<font color="blue"> Why do I need Extend a Perm? </font>
Unlike other thermal straighteners, Extend-A-Perm takes into account how delicate relaxed hair can be and why it is so important to use the correct products to keep hair conditioned, heat protected and properly straightened to reduce breakage.

<font color="blue"> Why is it considered healthy? </font>
The 3 step systems targets the “line of demarcation”, which is where most breakage occurs. Our system thermally straightens the hair to reduce breakage and shedding to achieve overall manageability between the relaxer process.

<font color="blue"> Why is it 3 steps instead of 1?</font>
The Softening Shampoo looses the curl pattern, the Detangling Conditioner moisturizes and strengthens the hair. Lastly, the Straightening Lotion creates a layer of thermal protection for manageable and controlled straightening.

Re: \"Extend A Perm\"... New! New! Have you tried it?

i saw this in sally's and looked at the ingredients there was nothing special in there basically looked conditioner and heat protectant

bump
wink.gif

I saw this

St Lucia played host to one of the world’s largest ethnic hair care suppliers last week when PRO-LINE International kicked off its first-ever Caribbean conference.
Distributors from Antigua, St Kitts, Barbados, Dominica, St Lucia, St Vincent and Grenada gathered at the Rainbow Hotel for PRO-LINE’s first Eastern Caribbean Cluster Conference.
PRO-LINE’s international marketing manager for Central and South America and the Caribbean, Mary Villaneuva said St Lucia was chosen as the location for the conference due its central proximity and that it is the home of Frank B Armstrong Ltd, one of their biggest Caribbean distributors.

“Oh, and because we wanted to go to the jazz festival!” Mary joked.
The Caribbean market is a diverse, but small market for the international company and until now distributors have been rather isolated.
“It is not financially viable for us to bring all the Caribbean distributors to America as they are a smaller market for us than many of our other overseas groups. This doesn’t mean they aren’t important to us though and for that reason we decided to come here and meet with them.
“Often when you attend big conferences you are there simply to talk about the products. We have never had the opportunity to speak with the distributors directly and get feedback from them on what they want from PRO-LINE,” she said.
The conference also gave PRO-LINE the chance to launch their new products with the distributors—Motions Herbal Salons and Soft &amp; Beautiful Extend-a-Perm.
The Motions Herbal Salons range was created in response to the growing trend of returning to natural hair among ethnic women.

“It is a natural range of products which women can use if they are going back to their natural hair and don’t want chemicals and harsh products in their hair,” Mary explained.
The new ‘Extend-a-Perm’ products were inspired by Caribbean women.
“Caribbean women are very diverse and we needed to respond to their differing needs. Extend-a-Perm is aimed at those women who have mixed hair and want their hair to keep looking straight in-between their relaxing treatments.”

It sounds like they created something to keep damage at a minimum while extending relaxers so that you can heat style. Hmm...may be a good product. I wonder what's in the lotion.

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
i saw this in sally's and looked at the ingredients there was nothing special in there basically looked conditioner and heat protectant

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what it sounds like.

I would difinitely give it a try. Soft &amp; Beautiful is really setting a trend, soon others with have their own extend a perm products too.
smile.gif

What's the price like? Yall know LHCF has me in enuf debt as it is.
laugh.gif

This does sound interesting..
scratchchin.gif

Can't wait to hear more...

<font color="red"> Here's Cherricola's experience: </font>

"I bought this yesterday and used it this morning. I am about 9 or 10 weeks post relaxer and 4A/B type hair. I'm currently debating on whether or not to try relaxing my hair myself with Phytorelaxer because it is so difficult and time consuming for me to go to a salon for relaxer services.

The product did soften my new growth, but did seem to tangle the ends of my hair. That was probably my fault for applying the thermal straightening lotion and then covering my hair with a plastic cap--it seemed to pack my hair down.
The shampoo didn't seem to make my hair feel soft after using it (not like Keracare shampoo does), but when I used the conditioner, my hair became soft.

I roller set my hair and stayed under the dryer until my hair was completly dry. When I took the rollers out, my hair was soft and easy to comb, felt moisturized, light and non-greasy (even though I used a concoction of coconut oil and water as a leave-in/setting lotion). The new growth was soft and combed easy, but you could tell it was new growth. I used a blow dryer with a comb attachment to straighten the roots only.

My roller setting and blow drying skills are not the greatest, but I was pleased with the results and will probably use the product again. Someone with more skills could probably do a better job with the product than I did, but my wooden comb does glide through my hair without any problems. "

Cherricola

<font color="red"> Thanks for sharing Cherricola </font>
smile.gif

I haven't tried this yet but I purchased it today and wanted to list the directions and ingredients for those who were interested. Maybe the chemists on the board can discipher it for us - most of the ingredients I have never heard of. The bottles are 4 oz. each. You would think since they want you to use the shampoo and conditioner generously those bottles would contain more but I guess not. I paid 4.99 @ Sally's with a Sally's card. The normal price is 5.49. I read somewhere that Wal-mart had it cheaper - 3.99 or something - but I can't confirm. I apologize in advance for any spelling errors. Enjoy!!

STEP1: Softening Shampoo
Cleanses Gently | Softens Curl Pattern | Seals Cuticle

Directions:
Wet hair thoroughly with lukewarm water, then apply a generous amount of Extend-A-Perm Softening Shampoo. Massage hair and scalp, working into lather. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat process, and proceed with step 2.

STEP 2: Detangling Conditioner
Detangles as it softens | Provides intensive moisture | Strengthens from Root to Tip

Directions:
After shampooing with Extend-A-Perm Softening Shampoo, apply a generous amount of Detangling Conditioner to the hair. Massage thoroughly, making sure every strand is saturated. Rinse, towel dry and proceed with Step 3.

STEP 3: Thermal Straightening Lotion
Straightens | Adds a layer of Thermal Protection | Locks in Moisture

Directions:
After conditioning, section hair in four parts and apply a quarter size of Thermal Straightening Lotion to new growth. Massage thoroughly and blow dry with optional comb attachment. Style as usual. Results will vary.

INGREDIENTS:

Shampoo:
WATER (AQUA), SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PPG-5-CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM COCAMPHODIPROPIONATE, PEG-30 GLYCERYL COCOATE, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SILK,COCOTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, GYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM C14-17 ALKYL SEC SULFONATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG- 120 METHYL, GLUCOSE DIOLEATE, PEG-12 DIMTHICONE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, CITRIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYL PROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), RED 40 (CI 16035)

Conditioner:
WATER (AQUA), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIDUIDUM), POLYQUATERNIUM-32, GLYCERIN, QUATERNIUM-80, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL ISOSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, PATHENOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL, METHYL PROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE, CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)

Thermal Straightening Lotion:
WATER (AQUA), CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STERATE, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 80, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYL PROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE, CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)

CARTON INFO:
Soft &amp; Beautiful
Extend-A-Perm
Non-Chemical thermal Straightening Kit

Extends the Life of Your Relaxer

Now you can control unruly, unsightly new growth between relaxing with Soft &amp; Beautiful Extend-A-Perm Kit.

Soft &amp; Beautiful Extend-A-Perm's easy to use three-step kit reduces breakage, while it keeps hair looking straight until the next relaxer treatment.

Achieve best results by using each step of the straightening system. First the Softening Shampoo loosens the curl pattern with siliconized moisturizers that separate and clean the hair. Next, the Detangling Conditioner provides extra moisture to nourish and strengthen the hair as it softens and deangles. Lastly, the heat activated Thermal Straightening Lotion Locks in moisture to create a layer of thermal protection as it straightens.

Use Soft &amp; Beautiful Extend-A-Perm, following any chemical relaxer application, to soften and manage new growth as it appears. Use up to five days before chemically relaxing.

1-800-527-5879
Questions/Comments

Hey I'm goign to have to pick this one up from Sally's today
smile.gif

I will post my results tommorow

nah buddy, doesnt sound like anything spectacular to me.. especially since they WANT you to blowdry.. i'm gonna pass.

Keep me posted ladies. I am a recovering PJ and can't do it.

mmmm. I'll look for it here. But it's always tough to find new products here.

ive seen something similar called relaxer look where you put it on your head and its supposed to tame new growth as long as you use heat on it. it was nothing but glorified grease to me. ill pass on this

Sounds interesting...maybe I'll try this when I start getting a lot of new growth, expect I'll skip the blowdrying part and sit under my dryer.

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
ive seen something similar called relaxer look where you put it on your head and its supposed to tame new growth as long as you use heat on it. it was nothing but glorified grease to me. ill pass on this

[/ QUOTE ]

scratchchin.gif
Hmmm, I guess the reason why my newgrowth is very manageable, is because I use Heat and Grease. It makes it much easier to stretch. I'm trying to cut down on the blowdrying.

Re: \"Extend A Perm\"... New! New! Have you tried it

I haven't tried this or anything but I'm guessing you could get any old "straightening" or "smoothing" shampoo and con and a decent straightening balm or gel, and get the same results. The ingredients don't look all that exotic to me, with the exception of "linalool" (
laugh.gif
say that out loud--it's funny
laugh.gif
) that's a new one for me. But since I haven't tried it I can't say for sure.

Ok. I tried this last night. It did appear to make it more manageable, it detangled easily, and when I blew it dry I didnt have any "crinkles" at the roots but over all the results were no better than what I get on my own using other products. What I was actually hoping was that it would help seal the hair enough to help with the humidity but it didn't. I didn't leave the conditioner in very long but I don't think it would have made a difference. I will try it again and reevaluate but as of right now it looks like I will be sticking with my phytodefrisant and I will also try the beyond the zone heat it up.

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
I haven't tried this or anything but I'm guessing you could get any old "straightening" or "smoothing" shampoo and con and a decent straightening balm or gel, and get the same results. The ingredients don't look all that exotic to me, with the exception of "linalool" (
laugh.gif
say that out loud--it's funny
laugh.gif
) that's a new one for me. But since I haven't tried it I can't say for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does sound funny
laugh.gif

Thanks for your review Enchantment.
smile.gif
I guess there isn't anything too exciting about this product.
ohwell.gif

No, after a very short while I was poofy roots all over again, but I found some stuff I like much better.
smile.gif
I will see how my hair holds up for the rest of the day and post about it later.

Re: \"Extend-A-Perm\"... New! New! Have you tried it?

For those that extend relaxer touch-ups and that are transitioning to natural, what other products do u guys use to straigthen new growth?

Back