Explain this to me...

bee

I wore my hair in braidouts 90% of the time, for about two years straight. I notice when I straighten my hair that the ends don't stay together. It's like I have "hoes in my hair! For instance, if I flat iron the front, my hair separates like a fork. It's not smooth, nor does my hair stay the way I flat iron it.

What IS that?

Maybe your hair is used to being in a braid formation. Maybe until it's used to being out for awhile, it will just hang like it did when in the braids or braidouts. :confused: Just a guess

*Bre~Bre* said:
Is it greasy??? Like you may have used too much product before you straightened?

I also think so too. I know that adding too much oils/moisturizers can give your hair that " spacey" look. Like when you comb it, you can still see the imprint of the comb. You know what i mean?

KEWLKAT103 said:
Maybe your hair is used to being in a braid formation. Maybe until it's used to being out for awhile, it will just hang like it did when in the braids or braidouts. :confused: Just a guess

This is what I'm thinking too. Your hair has gotten trained to be in a certain shape...like when you wrap your hair, its trained to have a certain bend to it. You may need to retrain it :look:

Thanks, for all of your responses. I do use John Frieda's Extra Strength Serum and oil my scalp w/ castor oil before I straighten it. Which one should I eliminate?

bee said:
Thanks, for all of your responses. I do use John Frieda's Extra Strength Serum and oil my scalp w/ castor oil before I straighten it. Which one should I eliminate?

both...lol. Just use a simple heat protectant/light serum.

Back