Excited newbie checking in + my story

teacherjess

This is my first LHCF post!!! I"m geeked up about it! I've been a lurker since March 09 (yes, it took me that long). I woke up one day & decided to get serious about haircare. At the time, my hair was seriously damaged and thinning, relaxed hair-- cut into that hot 2008 asymmetrical bob style...except damaged. I did not moisturize regularly, permed every 6 weeks, and used a flatiron every day:wallbash: the left side of my nape was completely chewed out & broke off!

Then I got fed up. I researched how to get back the thick, healthy hair I remember having as a child. I found lhcf and began studying up. In a few short months, I gained thickness and shine, plus some respectable length. In Sept. 09, I cut off them dead, raggedy ends and began with thicker, healthier,blunt cut NL hair to work from. :grin: Went through 6 or 7 months of jumping on all bandwagons until I got my reggie down.

Then I stretched my relaxer successfully for a record 15 weeks: from Sept. 5, 09 to today Dec. 19. I protective styled throughout, wearing braidouts & pin up do's. Didn't have any breakage. I moisturize & seal daily. I am hooked on JBCO on my scalp and I keep my hands OUT of my head. Low manipulation is a MUST for my fine strands. I am pleased with my progress! My hair looks just like Michelle Obamas!! Full, thick, swangin', and approaching full SL. I never would have thought it could look this good, especially from where I began in March.

Thanks to you ladies, I have learned so much. I wouldnt' have known ANY of these practices if it wasn't for lurking & learning. I am forever grateful and glad to become part of the hair care family.

Hi, I am a newbie too that just subscribed earlier this week! I have yet to get the courage to officially de-lurk myself with an introduction post!

It's good to hear you have made some progress you are happy with. I'll be looking out for your progress as well.

the pic in my avatar is actually before i began my HHJ...that pic is about a year old. I'll post a more recent one when I am able to take a decent one..lol

:hug3:Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

You all are so helpful and kind~ Thats why I joined. I feel like the support will help!

I will post pics soon. I am still getting the hang of photographing my hair...lol

Back